Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Scunthorpe.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Scunthorpe.

This thread currently has 690,038 views. Print
443 Pages Prev ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
March 4, 2024, 6:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,046
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Not a bad turnout tbf even with freebies , still think they’ll blow the play offs though

The biggest ever NLN league attendance even bigger than any play-off games I understand.
Private Message
Reply: 4300 - 4428
Poojah
March 4, 2024, 7:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,554
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from arryarryarry

The biggest ever NLN league attendance even bigger than any play-off games I understand.

They must be so proud.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4301 - 4428
Gaffer58
March 4, 2024, 8:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from arryarryarry

They’ll be dining out on that stat for years!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4302 - 4428
Limerick Mariner
March 4, 2024, 8:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Gaffer58

They’ll be dining out on that stat for years!!

Until Bury beat it. Or York next season if they go down.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4303 - 4428
crusty ole pie
March 4, 2024, 8:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,342
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

We have been absolutely shifted royally in the last 20 years with dodgy owners, but hey ho. We move.

For me Reynolds wasn't even the worst one. He just had a big arsed ego and thought by building that big bottom stadium - We'd find the fans. Truly barmy, we never wanted to go there.

Raj Singh is the worst we've had. Truly horrific bloke in charge, not sure how he's wound up at another club after bending us over and f**cking us over.

When we got demoted, the FA declared us a "new" club which meant changing the legal name of the club basically. So we went to Darlington FC 1883, but a few years ago we got our original name back.

We aren't a new club, as when we as fans took over the club we took on all the debts left by Raj Singh (Now in charge of Hartlepool) and the one player left on the books. We only had the name change because Singh refused to release the CVA which would have enabled us to continue us as Darlington FC.

So we got demoted to the Northern League and gained 3 promotions in 4 years to get where we are now. National League North.

Currently sharing a Rugby Club at a ground that is truly atrocious for a viewing point for a paying customer. But until we can find some land to develop a new ground, we are currently stagnated where we are (fighting to stay up after the dreadful appointment of Josh Gowling earlier in the season).

Keep up the good work Andy such a shame for the town without a football club a town has no heartbeat
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4304 - 4428
marinerfrank
March 4, 2024, 9:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +21
Quoted from arryarryarry

NLN play-off final 2017, FC Halifax v Chorley att. 7920
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4305 - 4428
Poojah
March 4, 2024, 9:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,554
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

We have been absolutely shifted royally in the last 20 years with dodgy owners, but hey ho. We move.

For me Reynolds wasn't even the worst one. He just had a big arsed ego and thought by building that big bottom stadium - We'd find the fans. Truly barmy, we never wanted to go there.

Raj Singh is the worst we've had. Truly horrific bloke in charge, not sure how he's wound up at another club after bending us over and f**cking us over.

When we got demoted, the FA declared us a "new" club which meant changing the legal name of the club basically. So we went to Darlington FC 1883, but a few years ago we got our original name back.

We aren't a new club, as when we as fans took over the club we took on all the debts left by Raj Singh (Now in charge of Hartlepool) and the one player left on the books. We only had the name change because Singh refused to release the CVA which would have enabled us to continue us as Darlington FC.

So we got demoted to the Northern League and gained 3 promotions in 4 years to get where we are now. National League North.

Currently sharing a Rugby Club at a ground that is truly atrocious for a viewing point for a paying customer. But until we can find some land to develop a new ground, we are currently stagnated where we are (fighting to stay up after the dreadful appointment of Josh Gowling earlier in the season).

Genuinely saddened by Darlington’s long drawn out plight. Spent my early adult years living in ‘Boro and working in and around Darlo, and met my wife there who hails from nearby Northallerton. I know a couple of Darlington fans through her, and you know when you’re chatting to fans of other clubs and they’ve had it notably tougher than you as a supporter of Grimsby, that they’ve had a rough ride.  

I remember driving past the Arena as it was nearing completion. It would have been 2003, and at that point it time it would have been one of the most modern grounds in the country. For all its fundamental flaws, it was an incredibly impressive stadium at the time when taken at face value, and man I was jealous.

It’s just such a shame how it turned out for Darlo. I know it’s not how it works, but I’d much rather an EFL with Darlington, Bury, Hartlepool, Oldham and Southend than one with Forest Green, Harrogate, Salford, Crawley and Fleetwood.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4306 - 4428
arryarryarry
March 5, 2024, 12:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,046
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from marinerfrank

NLN play-off final 2017, FC Halifax v Chorley att. 7920

Don't blame me that was what the commentators' were saying on Radio Blunderside.
Private Message
Reply: 4307 - 4428
StacyColdicotts_hairline
March 5, 2024, 5:45am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Thanks for the history lesson.

Fingers crossed for you lads
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4308 - 4428
Les Brechin
March 5, 2024, 8:44pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Losing 3-0 at half-time to relegation-threatened Darlo.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4309 - 4428
443 Pages Prev ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Scunthorpe.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.