forza ivano
August 17, 2022, 11:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,264
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from buckstown
Scunny lose away to Maidenhead and Woking, Oldham lose at home to Wealdstone. I can hear a distant voice echoing from many miles away, "we can't even beat a intercourse!NG pub team, what the FUKK is going on???!!!!"

Welcome...............to the pleasuredome

it's already happened

https://twitter.com/1rhysparsons/status/1559647625036681216
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 53
Limerick Mariner
August 17, 2022, 11:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,716
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from forza ivano

That's their Histon moment. When they get hammered away from home by 4 or 5 will be their Braintree moment. Have they got a "Poojah" in their fanbase to produce an amazing rant?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 53
Limerick Mariner
August 17, 2022, 11:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from oochiad
Cheering I guess!

Yep...we got in the away stand for extra time though - because they'd opened the gates - because they thought we'd lost...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 53
Les Brechin
August 17, 2022, 11:47am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,716
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

That's their Histon moment. When they get hammered away from home by 4 or 5 will be their Braintree moment. Have they got a "Poojah" in their fanbase to produce an amazing rant?

We never lost to Histon when we were down there. More like their Braintree or Hayes & Yeading moment, though we were at home in that one.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 53
diehardmariner
August 17, 2022, 12:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,652
Gold Stars: 539
Rude awakening for Scunny after that initial encouraging start, in some ways mirroring that first experience we had of the Conference.  A positive win at Crawley before we then fell to defeats to Hayes & Yeading, Rushden & Diamonds and Tamworth before the first 30 days were up.

Just had a look at Scunny's squad and it's ridiculously paper thin and fairly, to my fairly uneducated mind, devoid of a lot of quality and experience.

The Scunny fans got very excited about Butterfield signing, understandably so as he's got a great pedigree.  But he's completely untested at that level and as we all know it's when you're going to the likes of Woking, Hayes, Braintree etc. where you're really tested.  Against sides who are oh so happy to have a pop at your better players all game, in an environment they've never really had to be in before.  I've still not seen anything about how long his deal is, which makes me think it's a short-term thing and he'll soon be on his way out when he realises what he's in for.

Long hard season ahead for those down the M180.  6/1 for a bottom four finish with Bet Victor.  I know there's a lot of junk at that end of the league but they're all probably better suited than Scunny for the war of attrition that happens over the winter months in the Conference.  Unless Scunny get taken over and find some money to strengthen that squad, I don't think it's unrealistic that they'll drop straight through.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 53
Limerick Mariner
August 17, 2022, 12:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

We never lost to Histon when we were down there. More like their Braintree or Hayes & Yeading moment, though we were at home in that one.
Yes - home to Hayes and Yeading, not Histon, was the one I was thinking of - second home game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 53
exiledmeggie
August 17, 2022, 12:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -227
Gold Stars: 19
To be fair, I really do think the Scunts will get out of this league at the first attempt!

Relegated!

I said on some Facebook page, and got kicked off, that Swann was taking the club into oblivion, even when compared to the shenanigans at BP. We got out of the mess after years of stagnation. Swann has taken the Scunts down the river, just like he did at Gainsborough!

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 53
GtfcGarner
August 17, 2022, 1:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Les Brechin

Can't remember exactly which season it was Les but had Hayes & Yeading at home and one of their players scored one of the best I've ever seen at BP possibly a 30-yarder, around either 2009 or 2010.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 53
ncfc_chalky
August 17, 2022, 1:52pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I also have the beef with Notts of being chucked out of the family stand, as a family, after our 96 minutes equaliser.

It was probably for your own safety as there's some pretty tasty eight year olds go in that end
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League table tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.