Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 142 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 6,219 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Brazilnut
August 17, 2022, 1:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
[

Besides Waterfall it would have been useful to have had some other Town players last night:  Joe Waters, Mike Brolly, Kevin Drinkell and Harry “Rainman”.[/quote]

Tony Ford  to drive straight thro it ......or even Tommy Forecast so we would have seen it coming  

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
diehardmariner
August 17, 2022, 1:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Brazilnut

or even Tommy Forecast so we would have seen it coming  

He'd definitely have missed it!
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
Mayaman
August 17, 2022, 2:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from smokey111

Listening to Crofty, he was fairly brutal on JMD. Questioning not only fitness but desire and attitude.
I think I agree that he might get moved on. So talented but I imagine his career will drift around non league unless he really knuckles down.

It's a shame.  He's got some important assists and even more important goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
Mayaman
August 17, 2022, 2:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
As there were no player ratings, I thought I'd do them myself:

Crocrombe  6 played well under difficult conditions.
Efete 6 played well under difficult conditions.
Waterfall 6 played well under difficult conditions.
Smith6 played well under difficult conditions.
Glennon 6 played well under difficult conditions.
Amos 6 played well under difficult conditions.
Green 6 played well under difficult conditions.
Holohan 6 played well under difficult conditions.
Kiernan 6 played well under difficult conditions.
Morris 6 played well under difficult conditions.
Taylor 6 played well under difficult conditions.

Mother Nature 10.  Played a blinder!  Ran rings around both teams and match officials.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
grimps
August 17, 2022, 3:30pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from HerveJosse
Anybody know what attendance was can’t find it?

Yeah I’d be interested to know how many was there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
WelwynGardener
August 17, 2022, 3:31pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 6
'Interesting' day all round. Elected to 'let the train take the strain' in my journey from Hertfordshire, but Transpennine Express don't seem to run trains nowadays and I was bundled into a taxi with 5 others at Doncaster to complete an uncomfortable journey to Cleethorpes. But at least I got my Forest ticket before the heavens opened. Luckily, I'd brought with me a huge umbrella and waterproof trousers and shoes for the walk from and to my hotel on the Kingsway. I'm still amazed by how many youngsters don't take heed of weather forecasts and presumably arrive home drenched to the skin. Today, for the return journey, again there was huge disruption to the rail network (overhead wires down last night) and 3 trains were merged at Doncaster to leave crowds of people standing or sitting on their luggage. I guess it's all in the life of a footy fan, and I'll be there, come what may, next Tuesday, but hopefully you'll forgive me if I don't venture north for the Sutton encounter on Saturday!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
toontown
August 17, 2022, 9:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from diehardmariner
for JMD it feels like the writing may be on the wall a little for him.  Crofty was talking about it on the radio before hand saying he feels that Hurst probably doesn't trust him to last a game and then questioned in a roundabout way how badly the player wants it.....Wouldn't surprise me if we see JMD going out before the window shuts.

I had the exact same thoughts.

Bags of ability, very good player for a winger with no pace, but simply has to be more willing to put a shift in now we have gone up a level.

I have said before, I think he was brought in assuming we would be NL level last season (obviously) and this season, with Hurst expecting to play him against teams that parked the bus were his lack of defensive work didn't matter much and at a lower level were we could carry 1 player not working hard.

Now we've gone up a level that has become, like the playoffs, being on the bench only brought on when were a goal down and need to score so take the risk. And there is no doubt he  rings goal threat with him.

I would have thought the sight of mcatee,even more talented but working so hard, and getting that championship move  might have convinced him of the merits 9f putting the off ball work in. I hope so.

Otherwise I agree that him being moved on either through Hurst wanting it or the player or both may be coming.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
forza ivano
August 18, 2022, 1:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from toontown

I had the exact same thoughts.

Bags of ability, very good player for a winger with no pace, but simply has to be more willing to put a shift in now we have gone up a level.

I have said before, I think he was brought in assuming we would be NL level last season (obviously) and this season, with Hurst expecting to play him against teams that parked the bus were his lack of defensive work didn't matter much and at a lower level were we could carry 1 player not working hard.

Now we've gone up a level that has become, like the playoffs, being on the bench only brought on when were a goal down and need to score so take the risk. And there is no doubt he  rings goal threat with him.

I would have thought the sight of mcatee,even more talented but working so hard, and getting that championship move  might have convinced him of the merits 9f putting the off ball work in. I hope so.

Otherwise I agree that him being moved on either through Hurst wanting it or the player or both may be coming.

some good points there. As many have said Hurst doesn't suffer fools gladly and if he makes a mistake then the mistake usually gets moved on pdq
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
diehardmariner
August 18, 2022, 10:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
I think we all expected JMD to come back after a full pre-season with us looking as fit as anyone else.

Looks to be a real shame because technically he's very good and as discussed just a few weeks ago, his stats in terms of goals and assists are exceptional.  
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.