6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
August 9, 2022, 7:31am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,399
Gold Stars: 149
Just popped into here and saw a couple of posts regarding energy bills and solar panels and it has made me bring up my annoyance of how poorly this country is run and how they couldn't care less about the people in it.
We all know global warming is causing major issues.
One thing that really ticks me off is (I'm not sure if Grimsby have them) places like Taunton have their own electric scooters you can pay to use yet you cannot ride your own personal one? If the government really cared about closing mate change and fuel prices rising etc they'd look at initiatives like the electric scooter and 'drive' people to want to use transport like these instead of cars.
I do a 26 mile round journey to work each day and I'd even genuinely consider getting one to use for the nicer weathered days if they were made legal.
Theres so much more that really ticks me off about this world/country. Don't even get me started on trains!
Why they sold them off to private companies I'll never know. If they were government owned and prices dropped you'd find a hell of a lot nore people would come off the roads and use them. The amount of people that drive to the beaches when if the trains were reasonably priced would then jump on them. I looked at going to Newport on the train (80 minute drive from my house) £160 for me and my son! Petrol is going to be no more than £50. No brainer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Maringer
August 9, 2022, 8:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,637
Gold Stars: 187
Unfortunately, that's what you get when you've had the Conservatives in power for the great majority of the past 50-odd years. They are idealogically opposed to having a properly-functioning social democratic state because they either think government is bad or, more cynically, realise that a properly-functioning government which provides the major services required by the populace reduces the opportunity for profit for the private sector. Most of our peers do the big infrastructure stuff better in general which is why most of Europe has public transport that works properly outside of the major cities. We don't even bother to get the public transport right in all the major cities!

Yes, New Labour did repair some of the damage done by Thatcher's Tory wreckers, but not enough and it will take decades to recover from what the Tories have done to the country since 2010.

Unfortunately, Starmer's Labour doesn't appear up to the task which is why I'm still hoping for a hung parliament at the next election and some proper electoral reform which would keep the ghastly Tories out of power for the foreseeable future.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 51
mariner91
August 9, 2022, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,712
Gold Stars: 262
Electric scooters (if they're the type I think you're on about) are currently really dangerous. Loads of head and facial injuries from them compared to bicycles mainly due to the lack of legislation around them.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41415-022-4153-6
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 51
LH
August 9, 2022, 4:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,564
Gold Stars: 174
Too busy having a popularity contest to see who can appease a bunch of alright jack pensioners to sort things out for the other 65M+ of us with concerns. It’ll take years before it gets better.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 51
chaos33
August 9, 2022, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from LH
Too busy having a popularity contest to see who can appease a bunch of alright jack pensioners to sort things out for the other 65M+ of us with concerns. It’ll take years before it gets better.

Yup

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 51
DB
August 9, 2022, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,044
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from LH

About 80,000+ people decide how 65M are going to live and what the country is going to do. Democracy in action??????

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 51
ska face
August 10, 2022, 11:11am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,752
Gold Stars: 851
You just need to scroll back a few pages to the threads from around the 2019 GE to see the kind of bitter, bigoted old bastårds and their selfish, spiteful views which have shaped this shíthole of a country into the dump it is today.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 51
Chrisblor
August 11, 2022, 3:37pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,932
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from ska face
You just need to scroll back a few pages to the threads from around the 2019 GE to see the kind of bitter, bigoted old bastårds and their selfish, spiteful views which have shaped this shíthole of a country into the dump it is today.

If anyone fancies boiling their own urine by seeking out some of those threads like i've just done, here's some helpful links:

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1572347786/s-all/

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1576237721/s-all/

Anyway good job Corbyn didn't get in and wreck the country, that would have been a right disaster!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 51
Roast Em Bobby
August 12, 2022, 6:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Just had a quick scan of some of those links

Funny how the likes of Grim74 and Marinerz93 seem to have disappeared from this forum. Did one of them maybe become Humbercod?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 51
Limerick Mariner
August 12, 2022, 4:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137
The NHS is really teetering now, GP services are getting to the point of being totally inaccessible for quick appointments, I got really assertive with my practice to get a next-day slot but that was only with locum that had absolutely no clue on my chronic condition and the alternative was over 3 weeks wait to get my own GP. for a few years now I've managed my condition via google and medical textbooks and effectively tell the GPs what to do  -they don't have time to read notes beforehand or do any research on conditions themselves. I've got a biological science degree, someone who doesn't have that knowledge would get lost in the system, depressed and even suicidal because they would struggle to get even a diagnosis now. Ambulance response times have fallen off a cliff because they spend most of the time queueing at hospitals as they can't get the patient admitted.

Every which way you look this country is turning into a 3rd world shambles, NHS, Transport, Local Authorities, energy, water, access to housing, but at least our great British sausages are still getting into Northern Ireland instead of being blocked by the EU - that's what really matters...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 51
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › This country

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.