Private Message
Hagrid
June 30, 2022, 2:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,415
Gold Stars: 534
makes sense location wise but i know the club were really confident of getting him.

its a shame as i think he's excellent but im sure PH has other irons in the fire
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
ska face
June 30, 2022, 2:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Can’t say I’m remotely fussed. Bloke’s hardly kicked a ball for two years and has probably not managed more than an hour for 10 games on the spin since being at Shrewsbury. Could be wrong though.

Not what we need if Hurst wants to be playing a high tempo pressing game again this year.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
GyMariner
June 30, 2022, 2:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Confirmed to Tranmere

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
acko338
June 30, 2022, 2:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
As much as I liked Jon Nolan last time around, I feel that a younger, stronger player will fit this year's team plan, with a chance to play more games than Nolan would possibly play.

Would a young player like Raikhy fit the bill, if allowed to rejoin on loan?

Or, has the manager got another un-thought of, under the radar, rabbit prepared from his surprise hat ??

We shall wait yet again !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
toontown
June 30, 2022, 2:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Most overrated player for twenty years in my opinion. Really relieved we haven't got him as he is completely unlikeable Danny Andrew or fox transfers - they were young players available as they were coming back from injury who had masses to prove.

Nolan is an old player with sustained injury problems working his way down the leagues for a few more pay days, far too much of a Hanson feel about it for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
Hagrid
June 30, 2022, 2:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,415
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from toontown
Most overrated player for twenty years in my opinion. Really relieved we haven't got him as he is completely unlikeable Danny Andrew or fox transfers - they were young players available as they were coming back from injury who had masses to prove.

Nolan is an old player with sustained injury problems working his way down the leagues for a few more pay days, far too much of a Hanson feel about it for me.

ridiculous statement

played every season since leaving us above us, and was sold for over 1 million pounds
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
Zmariner
June 30, 2022, 3:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Good player, but I did not want him back. Too many injuries. For me one of those better to stay in the memory he was brilliant in the promotion season before
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
Kris2
June 30, 2022, 3:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from toontown

God this feels like the guy who is rejected by a woman and then calls her a slag and says he didn't want her anyway.  
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
Son of Cod
June 30, 2022, 3:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Hagrid

ridiculous statement

Yep. Wouldn't have gone up the first time from The Conference without him.

I'm with Ska though, I think I'd rather have players that don't have a dodgy past injuries wise. We need that make sure as little of our budget is on the treatment table as possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jon Nolan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.