Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › WHAT DID THE CLUB MAKE FROM THE 3 PLAY OFF GAMES ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 302 Guests

WHAT DID THE CLUB MAKE FROM THE 3 PLAY OFF GAMES ?

This thread currently has 3,525 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
chelseacity
June 26, 2022, 10:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
Just out of interest what roughly would the club have made from each of the 3 play off games ? & how much did we receive for actually winning the final play off game ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Running like emson
June 26, 2022, 10:33pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
Please don’t shout
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
Heisenberg
June 26, 2022, 10:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,046
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from chelseacity
Just out of interest what roughly would the club have made from each of the 3 play off games ? & how much did we receive for actually winning the final play off game ?

Does it really matter? We do regularly ask “how much have WE made” from season tickets, playoffs, away cup games etc, but it all gets lost somewhere, and ultimately it’s Stockwood and Pettit who decide whether or not it goes to the manager, it’s actually none of our business, because it’s not our ‘business’.

Anyway, it all goes to Fenty until he’s paid off, and until we’re told that’s happened, let’s assume it hasn’t.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
jamesgtfc
June 26, 2022, 10:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
The National League released a waffling statement that profits from the final went to member clubs but didn't divulge so we've probably made very little from the £600k+ raised in ticket revenue there. Gate receipts for the quarter finals and semi finals were split evenly between play-off teams I think, so again, very little.

I actually think us fans are better off not knowing because it will be a pittance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
chelseacity
June 26, 2022, 10:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
The main reason for asking was some one told me that after club expenses that the excess money from each game went back to the National league to be shared between all clubs, i wondered if that was actually true. I was interested to know how much the winner of the play off did actually receive, just out of interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
horsforthmariner
June 26, 2022, 10:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,620
Yeah it’s true. Grimsby fans got ripped off to subsidise other clubs. It’s completely outrageous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
grimps
June 27, 2022, 3:14am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 46
Yeah that league will miss us , we filled every away end at some point.
It does seem a bit of a scam that we have 15000 fans paying what must have been at least £100 quid each for a day out at the final and our club get nothing for it.

I think the club shop was a little bit caught short too as they didn’t really have much stock left to capitalise with.
The clubs and fans need more than 5 days notice to plan for a London final , I suppose it doesn’t matter to the league organisers and sponsors as they knew they’d be going and what date for months in advance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Grimsby2012
June 27, 2022, 6:37am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
£65,000

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
codcheeky
June 27, 2022, 7:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Does it matter? we won, we are are back in the league.  Should we have said we are not playing in the play offs because we want more money? We get the massive financial benefits of promotion, would we be selling 5,000 season tickets in non league?
Some fans get too obsessed with money, every time we have a decent player the first thing they do is value how much selling him would be worth. Yes the club needs to be sound financially but if we want to be an ambitious club we need to hold on to our talented players.
We have at last got rid of Fenty who knew the price of everything and the value of nothing, hopefully the new owners will continue showing they have ambition for the club
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
crusty ole pie
June 27, 2022, 7:44am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,327
Gold Stars: 66
A PLACE IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE that’s all that matters
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › WHAT DID THE CLUB MAKE FROM THE 3 PLAY OFF GAMES ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.