Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chelseacity, June 26, 2022, 10:28pm
Just out of interest what roughly would the club have made from each of the 3 play off games ? & how much did we receive for actually winning the final play off game ?
Posted by: Running like emson, June 26, 2022, 10:33pm; Reply: 1
Please don’t shout
Posted by: Heisenberg, June 26, 2022, 10:35pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from chelseacity
Just out of interest what roughly would the club have made from each of the 3 play off games ? & how much did we receive for actually winning the final play off game ?

Does it really matter? We do regularly ask “how much have WE made” from season tickets, playoffs, away cup games etc, but it all gets lost somewhere, and ultimately it’s Stockwood and Pettit who decide whether or not it goes to the manager, it’s actually none of our business, because it’s not our ‘business’.

Anyway, it all goes to Fenty until he’s paid off, and until we’re told that’s happened, let’s assume it hasn’t.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 26, 2022, 10:40pm; Reply: 3
The National League released a waffling statement that profits from the final went to member clubs but didn't divulge so we've probably made very little from the £600k+ raised in ticket revenue there. Gate receipts for the quarter finals and semi finals were split evenly between play-off teams I think, so again, very little.

I actually think us fans are better off not knowing because it will be a pittance.
Posted by: chelseacity, June 26, 2022, 10:41pm; Reply: 4
The main reason for asking was some one told me that after club expenses that the excess money from each game went back to the National league to be shared between all clubs, i wondered if that was actually true. I was interested to know how much the winner of the play off did actually receive, just out of interest.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, June 26, 2022, 10:50pm; Reply: 5
Yeah it’s true. Grimsby fans got ripped off to subsidise other clubs. It’s completely outrageous.
Posted by: grimps, June 27, 2022, 3:14am; Reply: 6
Yeah that league will miss us , we filled every away end at some point.
It does seem a bit of a scam that we have 15000 fans paying what must have been at least £100 quid each for a day out at the final and our club get nothing for it.

I think the club shop was a little bit caught short too as they didn’t really have much stock left to capitalise with.
The clubs and fans need more than 5 days notice to plan for a London final , I suppose it doesn’t matter to the league organisers and sponsors as they knew they’d be going and what date for months in advance
Posted by: Grimsby2012, June 27, 2022, 6:37am; Reply: 7
£65,000
Posted by: codcheeky, June 27, 2022, 7:13am; Reply: 8
Does it matter? we won, we are are back in the league.  Should we have said we are not playing in the play offs because we want more money? We get the massive financial benefits of promotion, would we be selling 5,000 season tickets in non league?
Some fans get too obsessed with money, every time we have a decent player the first thing they do is value how much selling him would be worth. Yes the club needs to be sound financially but if we want to be an ambitious club we need to hold on to our talented players.
We have at last got rid of Fenty who knew the price of everything and the value of nothing, hopefully the new owners will continue showing they have ambition for the club
Posted by: crusty ole pie, June 27, 2022, 7:44am; Reply: 9
A PLACE IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE that’s all that matters
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 27, 2022, 7:51am; Reply: 10
I think it goes to the smaller clubs that play in the non-league pyramid. So the teams such as marske town, Corby town and scunny should get a payment
Posted by: Son of Cod, June 27, 2022, 7:55am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Heisenberg

Does it really matter? We do regularly ask “how much have WE made” from season tickets, playoffs, away cup games etc, but it all gets lost somewhere, and ultimately it’s Stockwood and Pettit who decide whether or not it goes to the manager, it’s actually none of our business, because it’s not our ‘business’.

Anyway, it all goes to Fenty until he’s paid off, and until we’re told that’s happened, let’s assume it hasn’t.

Yeah because just letting owners get on with it has never ever harmed a club. As supporters, trust members and paying customers of the club it's 100% our business to know about the finances. We were here before JS and AP and we'll be here when they've gone.

It doesn't all go to Fenty either, that's just transfer fees received and/or the agreed annual payments that go to him.
Posted by: grimps, June 27, 2022, 9:00am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yeah because just letting owners get on with it has never ever harmed a club. As supporters, trust members and paying customers of the club it's 100% our business to know about the finances. We were here before JS and AP and we'll be here when they've gone.

It doesn't all go to Fenty either, that's just transfer fees received and/or the agreed annual payments that go to him.

I’d course it’s our business where the club spends the money , if we don’t like what they’re doing with it we can vote with our feet , like many did for years before last season
Posted by: toontown, June 27, 2022, 9:24am; Reply: 13
I seem to remember they said the eliminator and semi final profits were shared amongst the play off contenders (although exactly how wasn't said), whereas the final was shared between the league as a whole and the contenders I think. I could well be wrong though.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, June 27, 2022, 9:26am; Reply: 14
Quoted from chelseacity

Whatever we made from the play-offs will shrink into insignificance compared to the uplift in TV & Solidarity payments.

Had we not been promoted we would have received a final parachute payment of around £225,000 this season only plus the BT Sport money of around £10,000 a season.

By winning the play-offs we are now in receipt of the full EFL L2 TV money & Premier League solidarity payment. This is around £1.1m a season.
Posted by: Garth, June 27, 2022, 9:36am; Reply: 15
As stated it pales into insignificant in comparison to being promoted, however it's a fair question to ask
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 27, 2022, 10:32am; Reply: 16
Quoted from chelseacity

Relatively little, move on I reckon.
Posted by: Gaffer58, June 27, 2022, 10:35am; Reply: 17
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I think it goes to the smaller clubs that play in the non-league pyramid. So the teams such as marske town, Corby town and scunny should get a payment

Scunny in the same category as Corby and Marske, wow they are MASSIVE!!
Posted by: marinerfrank, June 27, 2022, 12:40pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Gaffer58

Scunny in the same category as Corby and Marske, wow they are MASSIVE!!

They'll be in a lower category within a couple of seasons   ;D
Posted by: fishboyUTM, June 27, 2022, 1:09pm; Reply: 19
It'll all go into the non league pot to help small grassroots clubs like Scunthorpe survive.
Posted by: monkeyboy, June 28, 2022, 10:30am; Reply: 20
All i want to know is when that tosser is paid up and when is he using the money he has tea leafed from the trust?
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:19pm