TheultimateMariner
May 21, 2022, 1:35pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +429
Gold Stars: 5
Hi all,

Anyone know where the best parking would be for Monday’s game? When I was there a few years ago, there was a car park just outside the ground, but it wasn’t all that big and would think I’d maybe struggle to get in.

Thanks in advance
Logged Offline
Private Message
ncfc_chalky
May 21, 2022, 1:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
There's a car park opposite the away stand on the Cattle Market plus the one the you refer to,I'm presuming that you are going to get there early(ish) so you should be ok,there's some limited street parking but you have to pay by phone should you get a space and there's a couple of other car parks scattered around  if you keep a look out as you enter, the area,most car parks are around a fiver to park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Croxton
May 21, 2022, 4:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
No parking by the embankment? What about The Meadows car park? Is it locked in the evening?

Matchday instructions warn against parking near the ground due to road closures at the end of the game.

Think I'll  be walking back from the Meadows Rec. area.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
ncfc_chalky
May 21, 2022, 4:16pm
Beer Drinker
You must be mad to park in the Meadows unless you live there and tbh I didn't even know that there was a car park there,there's no parking on the embankment anymore as it's been closed off to traffic for a good year or more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
ncfc_chalky
May 21, 2022, 4:21pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Croxton

Matchday instructions warn against parking near the ground due to road closures at the end of the game.

Meadow Lane is closed after the game but only for a short time while the crowds disappear and it doesn't really affect you driving out of the car parks because if the road is closed to the left of you then just turn right or vice versa,it's not hard to get back to London Road and even easier if you have a satnav
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
Croxton
May 21, 2022, 5:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
You must be mad to park in the Meadows unless you live there and tbh I didn't even know that there was a car park there,there's no parking on the embankment anymore as it's been closed off to traffic for a good year or more

Thanks for that! I travelled by train in Feb so well out of date. Used to enjoy a coffee watching the boats and swans. Away travel getting harder wherever we go it seems.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
ncfc_chalky
May 21, 2022, 6:09pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Croxton

Thanks for that! I travelled by train in Feb so well out of date. Used to enjoy a coffee watching the boats and swans. Away travel getting harder wherever we go it seems.

I'm often down by the Trent myself with my cockatoo in my hand* relaxing with a coffee,traveling by train is a good idea as the ground is only a ten minute walk away

* C'mon Mariners,I'm feeding you urine take gold here surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
thefish
May 21, 2022, 7:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

I'm often down by the Trent myself with my cockatoo in my hand* relaxing with a coffee,traveling by train is a good idea as the ground is only a ten minute walk away

You certainly are… being a Notts County fan gives us far too much ammunition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
moosey_club
May 21, 2022, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,242
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Oh go on then......

It must run in the family as I heard your mum likes a cockatoo as well.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parking for Notts County

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.