Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheultimateMariner, May 21, 2022, 1:35pm
Hi all,

Anyone know where the best parking would be for Monday’s game? When I was there a few years ago, there was a car park just outside the ground, but it wasn’t all that big and would think I’d maybe struggle to get in.

Thanks in advance
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 21, 2022, 1:53pm; Reply: 1
There's a car park opposite the away stand on the Cattle Market plus the one the you refer to,I'm presuming that you are going to get there early(ish) so you should be ok,there's some limited street parking but you have to pay by phone should you get a space and there's a couple of other car parks scattered around  if you keep a look out as you enter, the area,most car parks are around a fiver to park
Posted by: Croxton, May 21, 2022, 4:07pm; Reply: 2
No parking by the embankment? What about The Meadows car park? Is it locked in the evening?

Matchday instructions warn against parking near the ground due to road closures at the end of the game.

Think I'll  be walking back from the Meadows Rec. area.
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 21, 2022, 4:16pm; Reply: 3
You must be mad to park in the Meadows unless you live there and tbh I didn't even know that there was a car park there,there's no parking on the embankment anymore as it's been closed off to traffic for a good year or more
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 21, 2022, 4:21pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Croxton

Matchday instructions warn against parking near the ground due to road closures at the end of the game.

Meadow Lane is closed after the game but only for a short time while the crowds disappear and it doesn't really affect you driving out of the car parks because if the road is closed to the left of you then just turn right or vice versa,it's not hard to get back to London Road and even easier if you have a satnav
Posted by: Croxton, May 21, 2022, 5:47pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
You must be mad to park in the Meadows unless you live there and tbh I didn't even know that there was a car park there,there's no parking on the embankment anymore as it's been closed off to traffic for a good year or more

Thanks for that! I travelled by train in Feb so well out of date. Used to enjoy a coffee watching the boats and swans. Away travel getting harder wherever we go it seems.
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 21, 2022, 6:09pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Croxton

Thanks for that! I travelled by train in Feb so well out of date. Used to enjoy a coffee watching the boats and swans. Away travel getting harder wherever we go it seems.

I'm often down by the Trent myself with my cockatoo in my hand* relaxing with a coffee,traveling by train is a good idea as the ground is only a ten minute walk away

* C'mon Mariners,I'm feeding you urine take gold here surely?
Posted by: thefish, May 21, 2022, 7:01pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

I'm often down by the Trent myself with my cockatoo in my hand* relaxing with a coffee,traveling by train is a good idea as the ground is only a ten minute walk away

You certainly are… being a Notts County fan gives us far too much ammunition.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 21, 2022, 7:39pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Oh go on then......

It must run in the family as I heard your mum likes a cockatoo as well.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 7:31am