4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Nutsy
May 17, 2022, 3:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
Who have we got locked down, who do we want locking down and who are we looking for upgrades on?

I unfortunately haven’t made many games this season but have listened to a fair few but a run down is always useful to have from those who get to most games
Logged Offline
Private Message
diehardmariner
May 17, 2022, 3:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,532
Gold Stars: 536
http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202

Basically we've got Russell, Pearson, Longe-King, Holahan, McAtee and Maguire-Drew under contract.  Then the lads who got first-year pro deals the other week.  4 of them I think.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
Gainsbro_Mariner
May 17, 2022, 4:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Nutsy
Who have we got locked down, who do we want locking down and who are we looking for upgrades on?

I unfortunately haven’t made many games this season but have listened to a fair few but a run down is always useful to have from those who get to most games

If I was to make an educated guess I would expect the following regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season, A few may swing the other way Scannell, Wright, Crookes, Sousa perhaps, but I expect the above.

Under Contract

Shaun Pearson
Harry Clifton
Ollie Battersby
Gavan Holohan
John McAtee
Jordan Maguire-Drew
Harvey Tomlinson
Aaron Braithwaite
Jamie Bramwell
Edwin Essel

Offered New Deal

Max Crocombe
Danny Amos
Michee Efete
Jordan Cropper
Jaz Goundry
Luke Waterfall
Ben Fox
Max Wright
Ryan Taylor

Released

James McKeown
Adam Crookes
Scott Burgess
Giles Coke
Evan Khouri
Erico Sousa
Luke Spokes
Lenell John-Lewis
Luis Adlard
Sean Scannell

Available on a Free Transfer

David Longe-King

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
fishboyUTM
May 17, 2022, 5:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
I'm quite disappointed we have allowed key players contracts to run down again. I didn't expect that of the new owners. I'm sure there must be reasons the likes of Ben Fox, Michee Efete and Ryan Taylor's deals have been allowed to expire. But I can't understand it. Even if it was a two tier contract depending on what division we are in next season, surely not beyond the wit of man?

Put it this way, if I was Fox, Efete or Taylor I would have instructed my agent to see what's out there some time ago. It's their livelyhoods, how they pay their mortgages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
Youngy
May 17, 2022, 6:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from fishboyUTM
I'm quite disappointed we have allowed key players contracts to run down again. I didn't expect that of the new owners. I'm sure there must be reasons the likes of Ben Fox, Michee Efete and Ryan Taylor's deals have been allowed to expire. But I can't understand it. Even if it was a two tier contract depending on what division we are in next season, surely not beyond the wit of man?

Put it this way, if I was Fox, Efete or Taylor I would have instructed my agent to see what's out there some time ago. It's their livelyhoods, how they pay their mortgages.

From what I understand, that isn't the case.

Deals have already been offered to players who they want to stay but Hurst doesn't want anything publicly known until after the season ends.

We have a one year option on Efete which I believe the club have already exercised.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
Hurstomariner
May 17, 2022, 6:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Approval: -78
Gold Stars: 2
I would keep Scannell and Sousa over than that the list is about right

If I was to make an educated guess I would expect the following regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season, A few may swing the other way Scannell, Wright, Crookes, Sousa perhaps, but I expect the above.

Under Contract

Shaun Pearson
Harry Clifton
Ollie Battersby
Gavan Holohan
John McAtee
Jordan Maguire-Drew
Harvey Tomlinson
Aaron Braithwaite
Jamie Bramwell
Edwin Essel

Offered New Deal

Max Crocombe
Danny Amos
Michee Efete
Jordan Cropper
Jaz Goundry
Luke Waterfall
Ben Fox
Max Wright
Ryan Taylor

Released

James McKeown
Adam Crookes
Scott Burgess
Giles Coke
Evan Khouri
Erico Sousa
Luke Spokes
Lenell John-Lewis
Luis Adlard
Sean Scannell

Available on a Free Transfer

David Longe-King[/quote]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
RonMariner
May 17, 2022, 6:28pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,655
Gold Stars: 226
I think Scannell is worth keeping. he should be available to play some time in the new year and could well be an asset in next seasons run in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
fishboyUTM
May 17, 2022, 6:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Youngy

From what I understand, that isn't the case.

Deals have already been offered to players who they want to stay but Hurst doesn't want anything publicly known until after the season ends.

We have a one year option on Efete which I believe the club have already exercised.

Fair enough, thanks for the reply.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
fishboyUTM
May 17, 2022, 6:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner
I think Scannell is worth keeping. he should be available to play some time in the new year and could well be an asset in next seasons run in.

If he's snapped his achilies tendon then I'm sorry but at 32 he'll do well to come back from that and play professionally at all and recovery usually no less than nine months. Best wishes to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
Rodley Mariner
May 17, 2022, 7:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Wanting to keep Scannell is driven by sentiment. We're not in position to be utilising a salary on someone who could struggle to play next season regardless of the quality of his performances in the past few weeks. I think Max Wright will leave as well. Crocombe is an interesting one I think. I think it's clear Battersby is out number 2 for next season so does Hurst see Crocombe as good enough to be Number 1?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Squad next season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.