4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
ivanosandwich
May 14, 2022, 11:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
It wouldn't surprise me to see us finish 7th. We will have many changes and could easily lose by 2 goals.

Chesterfield need just a point but will go out all guns blazing and could easily win by 3 goals. On the Chesterfield forum they are saying similar and are also suggesting that we would prefer a 7th place finish as they would. They even suggested that they should play for a point to secure 7th, although acknowledged that this is very risky.

It wouldn't bother me if we finished 7th, Hurst doesn't seem to mind what place we finish, other than a home draw which is now impossible. Solihull, if they get 4th, would be difficult as they played us off the pitch a few weeks ago but then we will avoid Wrexham or Stockport for a place in the final.

Then we should consider the attendance. Halifax and Solihull, even with an increase in numbers for a play off game is going to be less daunting than between 10k and 15k home fans at Notts County and similarly at Wrexham or Stockport.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
Rodley Mariner
May 14, 2022, 12:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
I couldn't give a toss if we finish 6th or 7th Don't see any big advantage in 7th.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
jamesgtfc
May 14, 2022, 12:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ivanosandwich
It wouldn't surprise me to see us finish 7th. We will have many changes and could easily lose by 2 goals.

Chesterfield need just a point but will go out all guns blazing and could easily win by 3 goals. On the Chesterfield forum they are saying similar and are also suggesting that we would prefer a 7th place finish as they would. They even suggested that they should play for a point to secure 7th, although acknowledged that this is very risky.

It wouldn't bother me if we finished 7th, Hurst doesn't seem to mind what place we finish, other than a home draw which is now impossible. Solihull, if they get 4th, would be difficult as they played us off the pitch a few weeks ago but then we will avoid Wrexham or Stockport for a place in the final.

Then we should consider the attendance. Halifax and Solihull, even with an increase in numbers for a play off game is going to be less daunting than between 10k and 15k home fans at Notts County and similarly at Wrexham or Stockport.

A home draw isn't impossible. It's unlikely but it's not impossible. We need to win, Notts County need to lose and there's the small matter of overcoming a GD deficit of 6.

Field a fairly strong team, go for the win and no stupid mistakes before the play-offs. Whatever else happens, happens.

Hopefully Chesterfield do enough to finish 7th as Dag & Red probably pose more of a threat than them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
Poojah
May 14, 2022, 7:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,736
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from jamesgtfc

A home draw isn't impossible. It's unlikely but it's not impossible. We need to win, Notts County need to lose and there's the small matter of overcoming a GD deficit of 6.

Field a fairly strong team, go for the win and no stupid mistakes before the play-offs. Whatever else happens, happens.

Hopefully Chesterfield do enough to finish 7th as Dag & Red probably pose more of a threat than them.

It’s a 7 goal GD swing in effect due to Notts’ vastly superior goals for record. It’s not gonna happen.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
jamesgtfc
May 14, 2022, 7:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Poojah

It’s a 7 goal GD swing in effect due to Notts’ vastly superior goals for record. It’s not gonna happen.

Northampton thought that last week. I accept it's very, very unlikely but it's not impossible. I do think it's important to try win the game and not make any stupid errors.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
Poojah
May 14, 2022, 7:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,736
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Northampton thought that last week. I accept it's very, very unlikely but it's not impossible. I do think it's important to try win the game and not make any stupid errors.

With respect, we’re not playing Scunny on Sunday.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Eastleigh

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.