Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
                    Crocombe
Cropper     Smith     Waterfall    Crookes
JMD          Coke      Burgess     Wright
               Abrahams Mani

He may want to give Waterfall a whirl, as he won't have played for 2.5 weeks by the time of the Notts County game otherwise and you know what you get with Pearson if needs be. No need to rest Smith I don't think. Sousa plays over JMD in the playoffs, given we're away to a side who finished above us in two games in an ideal way and JMD's limitations as an athlete are there for us all to see. Fox has an iffy injury record and Holohan has looked jaded of late to me anyway. It's worth giving Max a run out, even for an hour, otherwise he'd probably never play for us again. I could see a case for playing McAtee for the first half or an hour on Sunday, just to give him some more gametime before the playoffs, but we'd kick ourselves if he played and got a bang on his shoulder and that was it.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
bedders78
May 13, 2022, 1:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Stew0_0
                       McKeown

Cropper.  Smith.    Goundry.    Crookes

Braithwaite.    Coke.    Burgess.  Abrahams

Essel.        Diesereuvwe

Id run something like this unless we have youth cover for Cropper and Smith.
Nice send off for Macca too

Can't risk Cropper or Smith; no like for like replacements in the squad

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
Heswall Mariner
May 13, 2022, 1:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 30
I don't get this "resting" players against Eastleigh.
We have hardly been playing Saturday/Tuesday over the last few weeks - our next game after Sunday is Monday 22nd.
Let's get the momentum going on Sunday for the play offs - the last time unforced changes were made - against Sporting Bromsgrove - the wheels subsequently really came off.
Keep a settled team & end the season on a real high - four games to play - four games to win.
UTM.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
May 13, 2022, 1:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
If it was the chance of finishing 3rd instead of 4th id get it. But I think this team has a better chance of winning away than it does if a key player gets injured
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
Zmariner
May 13, 2022, 2:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Finishing seventh is a slightly easier route for me than finishing 6.

2 nil defeat for us maybe two nil win for Chesterfield and we probably end up playing Halifax as opposed to Notts County And avoid Wrexham in the semi. Call me cynical but I would prefer this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
Les Brechin
May 13, 2022, 2:53pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,702
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Zmariner
Finishing seventh is a slightly easier route for me than finishing 6.

2 nil defeat for us maybe two nil win for Chesterfield and we probably end up playing Halifax as opposed to Notts County And avoid Wrexham in the semi. Call me cynical but I would prefer this

We'd then have to get past Solihull Moors probably, who have been a bit of a bogey team this term. At least we've beaten both Notts and Wrexham in the league this season.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
TwoLeftFeet
May 13, 2022, 4:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
Be good to have a couple of young lads feature wether that's starting or off the bench.
Nice position to be in not needed anything so can rest a few to protect them for the play offs if needed.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
ginnywings
May 13, 2022, 7:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
PH has confirmed in his pre match that there will be some changes and some of the first year pro's may be involved, but he wants to put out a competitive side and win the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
HertsGTFC
May 13, 2022, 7:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mariner_09
                    Crocombe
Cropper     Smith     Waterfall    Crookes
JMD          Coke      Burgess     Wright
               Abrahams Mani

He may want to give Waterfall a whirl, as he won't have played for 2.5 weeks by the time of the Notts County game otherwise and you know what you get with Pearson if needs be. No need to rest Smith I don't think. Sousa plays over JMD in the playoffs, given we're away to a side who finished above us in two games in an ideal way and JMD's limitations as an athlete are there for us all to see. Fox has an iffy injury record and Holohan has looked jaded of late to me anyway. It's worth giving Max a run out, even for an hour, otherwise he'd probably never play for us again. I could see a case for playing McAtee for the first half or an hour on Sunday, just to give him some more gametime before the playoffs, but we'd kick ourselves if he played and got a bang on his shoulder and that was it.

I think this line up is what you’ll see other than Shaun in and Andy Smith rested on the bench.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
buckstown
May 13, 2022, 8:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Stew0_0
                       McKeown

Cropper.  Smith.    Goundry.    Crookes

Braithwaite.    Coke.    Burgess.  Abrahams

Essel.        Diesereuvwe

Id run something like this unless we have youth cover for Cropper and Smith.
Nice send off for Macca too

Think this man may have nailed it, with the exception of Waterfall for Smith
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Eastleigh

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.