This thread currently has 3,322 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
May 12, 2022, 1:56pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Just thought I'd give a big shout-out to Andy Smith. Never let us down when he's played and had a big part in our excellent end to the season. From all the loan players we've had over the past couple of seasons he's been right up there with the best of them.

Whatever Division we are in next season, I hope we can get something sorted so that he's here again.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
May 12, 2022, 1:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Testament to him that when I saw this thread my initial reaction was to panic that maybe he was injured.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
MuddyWaters
May 12, 2022, 2:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Les Brechin
Just thought I'd give a big shout-out to Andy Smith. Never let us down when he's played and had a big part in our excellent end to the season. From all the loan players we've had over the past couple of seasons he's been right up there with the best of them.

Whatever Division we are in next season, I hope we can get something sorted so that he's here again.

Totally agree - was thinking about when he came into the team at a point when we were at a pretty low ebb and that we have barely lost since! Testament to him is that he's continued to keep Shaun Pearson out of the team.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
goldenfish
May 12, 2022, 2:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +212
Gold Stars: 16
For a young , inexperienced player , he looks like he’s played  there for years and has done a magnificent job for us and arguably it’s a choice as to who partners him in the first 11 now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
Maringer
May 12, 2022, 2:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
You'd have to say his chances of playing first team football for his club next season are likely to be limited. A season long loan would seem to be the perfect opportunity to get more experience under his belt and develop further. Better than he'd get in an 'Under-23' league. This is on the assumption he's still under contract to them next season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Kris2
May 12, 2022, 2:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Really does look a player who has had more first team football than he has.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
aldi_01
May 12, 2022, 2:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
When he came in he was right back, in a side that was struggling and in a state of transition, in the middle of the season…he’s slotted in at centre half next to waterfall and he’s been nothing short of excellent.

Credit to the lad, he never seems to moan or see his bottom either. He’s mopped up some mistakes and just goes about his business…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Mayaman
May 12, 2022, 3:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
Doesn't complain about the lack of things to do in Gy / Meggies either.  Gets on with it.  Could go far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
headingly_mariner
May 12, 2022, 4:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Not the most physical of central defenders, but the perfect foil for Pearson or waterfall.

He’s a really intelligent defender and really quite decent with the ball. He’ll get better and I hope we are in for him on a permanent, because I’m not sure he’ll be in Hull’s plans in the championship.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Caveman
May 12, 2022, 4:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +744
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Not the most physical of central defenders, but the perfect foil for Pearson or waterfall.

He’s a really intelligent defender and really quite decent with the ball. He’ll get better and I hope we are in for him on a permanent, because I’m not sure he’ll be in Hull’s plans in the championship.

He's young and no doubt still has a bit of growing to do.

Has a touch of the Ryan Bennett about him and he did
OK for himself.

Wish him well next season whether with us (preferably)
or with anyone else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Andy Smith

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.