5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
May 12, 2022, 11:44am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
I seem to remember we had about a lot of players and loanee's, so did a check on where some are now, and if you actually remember them....

Jake Eastwood - If i remember correctly, he was very good - played once for Portsmouth, and Twice for Rochdale since - Would be a good first choice keeper in the future IMO
Luke Hendrie - Went to Hartlepool, then left them for Bradford, Looks like a regular starter for Bradford.
Elliot Hewitt - Went to Mansfield, then the infamous comment from Clough come out 'I think Elliott Hewitt used to play at Grimsby with the lad that scored and made the third goal, and he’s obviously very good friends with him because he’s not tackled him all game' but still been a regular for majority of season.
Pollock - Wen't to Watford, loaned to Cheltenham, and got Young player of the year, exciting times ahead for him! Still only 20, and played around 80 senior games already
Menayese - Went to Walsall, Played majority of games
Idehen - Wen't to Bristol City, and recently got a new contract - Weirdly, i don't remember him as standing out, but i guess playing for a terrible team didn't help, but seems well off Pollock, despite only being a year younger
Habergham - Signed for 'Penisula Power' in Australia in Feb this year
Danny Rose - I forgot, but he's still our player.....
George Williams - Wen't to Barrow, Looks to have played first 15/20 games, mainly from the bench, before another injury - He always looked to be a player, but at same time, looked crap, i think his FGR reputation of being good is carrying him along now
Morais - Once eventually released, he retired
Matete - Went back and become a regular for Fleetwood, before being sold to Sunderland, Started majority up until the play-offs, a bright spark during his time here
Kyle Bennett - Ended up at Telford, then released and signed for Hednesford - Say no more.
El Mizouni - Back to Ipswich and mainly played in cup games for them. They extended his contract until 2024 - I think i only remember him because of his name, no idea if he was any good
Lamy - Ended up in Cyprus, still only 22, one i wouldn't of minded giving a go in non-league
Joe Adams - Went back to Brentford, before being sold to Dundalk - I'm sure he come with big potential from Brentford fans
Green - Went to Linfield, now at Gloucester - For some reason, i seem to remember his exit from Linfield was because of him being a bit naughty, but can't find anything on the old google.
Hanson - Went to Farsley Celtic, then Boston
Montel Gibson - The superstar was released from Stourbridge for being a pri(k again, and ended up back at Ilkeston
Ira Jackson - Plays for Wealdstone, had has scored 3 goals this season.... Remember some being gutted he left, mainly because he was a nice guy
Sisay - Went to 'Haverfordwest' in south wales... some signing that
Payne - Went to Chesterfield, then loaded to Havant & Waterloovile
Danny Preston - Has much to my surprise, ended up at Alfreton in the league below, i remember him being a good LB, and only 21?
Bunney - Went to Altrincham, then Warrington Rylands
Ohman - Back to Sweden, 1st for Falkenbergs, now at Vasalunds
Windsor - Loaded to Newport then Carlisle, now released from West Brom - never seems to play
Bohsni - Mr 'I Ain't Leavin', Wen't on to Barnet, then was due to sign for Dungannon, but ended up in Saudi Arabia, then did eventually sign for Dungannon this year.... apparently
Owura Edwards - Had loans at Exeter & Colchester. didnt do too much at Exeter, but Colchester fans seemed to think he was ok
Tilley - Went to Crawley, played a lot, then all of a sudden went to Dorking on loan, but back playing regularly at Crawley, i think the loan move was due to a crazy manager at the time.
Terry Taylor - Signed for Burton on a permanent, they seem to really rate him, but i don't remember him being up to much.
James Morton - Went on loan to Gillingham, played once, coming on as a sub in the 91st minute...
Virgil Gomis - Ended up back in France after being released by Forest.

That's 30 (Ignoring Rose) players that played a part last season, that are no longer with us..... Incredible

Cured my boredom for a while anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
MaccasBoots
May 12, 2022, 12:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Approval: +677
Gold Stars: 23
Thanks for this Jarmo, really interesting read. From what I remember, El Mizouni was a decent little number 10, who was pretty good at operating in tight spaces but lacked a final ball/finish sometimes. Think he could have been a decent back up for McAtee this season, but maybe I'm looking through rose tinted glasses...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
Hagrid
May 12, 2022, 12:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,390
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from MaccasBoots
Thanks for this Jarmo, really interesting read. From what I remember, El Mizouni was a decent little number 10, who was pretty good at operating in tight spaces but lacked a final ball/finish sometimes. Think he could have been a decent back up for McAtee this season, but maybe I'm looking through rose tinted glasses...

im sure he only played 1 game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
Son of Cod
May 12, 2022, 12:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Great stuff that, Jarmo. Cheers! I knew a bit of that but certainly not all of it. Didn't realise Danny Preston was at Alfreton either, he definitely looked decent at times but he was the one that tired throughout the season wasn't he? Struggled to last 90 mins and his performances dropped?

Also apologies in advance at the risk of saying something libellous, but didn't Matt Green have a slash against a monument or something when he was out on the beers? Or did I dream/imagine that?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
Jarmo.Is.God
May 12, 2022, 12:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Son of Cod
Great stuff that, Jarmo. Cheers! I knew a bit of that but certainly not all of it. Didn't realise Danny Preston was at Alfreton either, he definitely looked decent at times but he was the one that tired throughout the season wasn't he? Struggled to last 90 mins and his performances dropped?

Also apologies in advance at the risk of saying something libellous, but didn't Matt Green have a slash against a monument or something when he was out on the beers? Or did I dream/imagine that?!

Think you're right about Preston.
Just had a search of his name, very much mixed views on him whilst he was here, but surprised dropped to Alfreton.

Not sure on Green, just seem to remember him doing something, and they released him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
mariner91
May 12, 2022, 12:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
I thought Preston was awful personally. So many of our goals conceded came from his side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
RonMariner
May 12, 2022, 12:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,540
Gold Stars: 224
Still sends shivers down the spine, and not in a good way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 12, 2022, 1:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from Son of Cod

I think you've confused Matt Green with Ozzy Osbourne. But it's understandable.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
LH
May 12, 2022, 1:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
I know I watched most of these players through my telly only but there’s some I genuinely can’t remember.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
Rodley Mariner
May 12, 2022, 1:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Yeah Danny Preston was miles off it. Sisay must be in with a shout for the worst signing ever title though?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The relegated team

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.