Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread - Barnet (A)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 131 Guests

Match Thread - Barnet (A)

This thread currently has 17,719 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 1, 2022, 8:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from RonMariner
For me it has to be Fox, Clifton and Holohan in the midfield.

Why Clifton? Just don’t get it the guy is 100% effort and running but has poor distribution and poor ball control and his finishing is iffy at best, if he wasn’t home grown I think fans would be asking for better on the left hand side of midfield. Happy to have him as a versatile squad member but don’t believe he has enough qualities to be a regular starter if we want promotion from this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 143
TheRealJohnLewis
May 1, 2022, 8:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Why Clifton? Just don’t get it the guy is 100% effort and running but has poor distribution and poor ball control and his finishing is iffy at best, if he wasn’t home grown I think fans would be asking for better on the left hand side of midfield. Happy to have him as a versatile squad member but don’t believe he has enough qualities to be a regular starter if we want promotion from this league.

7 goals, only one behind Taylor, playing out of position. One of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Private Message
Reply: 141 - 143
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 2, 2022, 1:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

7 goals, only one behind Taylor, playing out of position. One of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Your not alone in your view as I note on another thread that a number believe Harry to be player of the year which just demonstrates how we all view players and performances differently. As I said previously I personally just don’t see it with Harry and believe if he were replaced with a decent left footed player the team would be better balanced. Playing him in the centre of midfield would give us energy and bite but just think his first touch and passing quality is not good enough for him to hold a place down in this area.

I accept I’m in the minority with this opinion but we can’t all agree on respective players qualities but happy if Harry were to make me eat my words as that would mean the team are succeeding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 143
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 3, 2022, 11:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Your not alone in your view as I note on another thread that a number believe Harry to be player of the year which just demonstrates how we all view players and performances differently. As I said previously I personally just don’t see it with Harry and believe if he were replaced with a decent left footed player the team would be better balanced. Playing him in the centre of midfield would give us energy and bite but just think his first touch and passing quality is not good enough for him to hold a place down in this area.

I accept I’m in the minority with this opinion but we can’t all agree on respective players qualities but happy if Harry were to make me eat my words as that would mean the team are succeeding.

I don't recognise the player you describe. He's full of energy and running, more often than not he goes forward and drives the team forward. Gets in important tackles and blocks to help break down opposition attacks.makes himself available to other players for an out ball or keeping an attack moving. Has a nice touch and generally knows when to hold the ball and when to pass it.
I'm surprised clubs in league 2 aren't looking at him. I regularly think he's the best player on the pitch.

It's all about opinions.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 143
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread - Barnet (A)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.