1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Numanoid
April 20, 2022, 7:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +162
Gold Stars: 14
I can't believe that corporation bridge is being closed for 18months for maintenance when the empire state building took 1years and 45 says to construct ! I DON'T BELIEVE IT !lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
April 20, 2022, 11:25pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,085
Gold Stars: 200

The Brighton Street slipway area across the road from us is also now closed for about a year to finally build the new lifeboat station.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
ginnywings
April 21, 2022, 7:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from promotion plaice

The Brighton Street slipway area across the road from us is also now closed for about a year to finally build the new lifeboat station.

Just been down the seafront and there was a man in a digger making lots of holes, and a handful of important looking chaps peering into them.

Can only presume they are test holes as they will be full of water soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
cmackenzie4
April 22, 2022, 12:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Numanoid
I can't believe that corporation bridge is being closed for 18months for maintenance when the empire state building took 1years and 45 says to construct ! I DON'T BELIEVE IT !lol

Spent a lot of my youth around there, I used to fish off that (catching Plaice and Bullheads) as well as jump off it (with my mates) into a rubber tyre when we was kids, that would have been around 1980”ish” good old days.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Maringer
April 22, 2022, 12:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,626
Gold Stars: 185
I went there night (well, evening) fishing with my Dad on quite a few occasions (probably late 70s/early 80s). I still remember getting quite excited about going and putting my pyjama bottoms on under my trousers to help keep me warm. Caught a lot of flatties but not too many bullyheads (as my Dad calls them) and, on the odd occasion when we went in the daytime, you could see a sea trout swimming around.

Were there grey mullet in there as well? I seem to think there were.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
ginnywings
April 22, 2022, 8:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer
I went there night (well, evening) fishing with my Dad on quite a few occasions (probably late 70s/early 80s). I still remember getting quite excited about going and putting my pyjama bottoms on under my trousers to help keep me warm. Caught a lot of flatties but not too many bullyheads (as my Dad calls them) and, on the odd occasion when we went in the daytime, you could see a sea trout swimming around.

Were there grey mullet in there as well? I seem to think there were.

Yes, lots of them. Really difficult to catch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
promotion plaice
April 23, 2022, 12:30am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,085
Gold Stars: 200
I caught a few Flatties in that middle bit of the bridge where you climbed over the railings to fish in my youth.

Some mean looking Grimsby lads told us to move on one day when they saw us catching, so they could have our spot, we took their advise.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Corporation bridge

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.