Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Numanoid, April 20, 2022, 7:56pm
I can't believe that corporation bridge is being closed for 18months for maintenance when the empire state building took 1years and 45 says to construct ! I DON'T BELIEVE IT !lol
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 20, 2022, 11:25pm; Reply: 1

The Brighton Street slipway area across the road from us is also now closed for about a year to finally build the new lifeboat station.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 21, 2022, 7:18pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from promotion plaice

The Brighton Street slipway area across the road from us is also now closed for about a year to finally build the new lifeboat station.

Just been down the seafront and there was a man in a digger making lots of holes, and a handful of important looking chaps peering into them.

Can only presume they are test holes as they will be full of water soon.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 22, 2022, 12:48pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Numanoid
I can't believe that corporation bridge is being closed for 18months for maintenance when the empire state building took 1years and 45 says to construct ! I DON'T BELIEVE IT !lol

Spent a lot of my youth around there, I used to fish off that (catching Plaice and Bullheads) as well as jump off it (with my mates) into a rubber tyre when we was kids, that would have been around 1980”ish” good old days.
Posted by: Maringer, April 22, 2022, 12:55pm; Reply: 4
I went there night (well, evening) fishing with my Dad on quite a few occasions (probably late 70s/early 80s). I still remember getting quite excited about going and putting my pyjama bottoms on under my trousers to help keep me warm. Caught a lot of flatties but not too many bullyheads (as my Dad calls them) and, on the odd occasion when we went in the daytime, you could see a sea trout swimming around.

Were there grey mullet in there as well? I seem to think there were.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 22, 2022, 8:03pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Maringer
I went there night (well, evening) fishing with my Dad on quite a few occasions (probably late 70s/early 80s). I still remember getting quite excited about going and putting my pyjama bottoms on under my trousers to help keep me warm. Caught a lot of flatties but not too many bullyheads (as my Dad calls them) and, on the odd occasion when we went in the daytime, you could see a sea trout swimming around.

Were there grey mullet in there as well? I seem to think there were.

Yes, lots of them. Really difficult to catch.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 23, 2022, 12:30am; Reply: 6
I caught a few Flatties in that middle bit of the bridge where you climbed over the railings to fish in my youth.

Some mean looking Grimsby lads told us to move on one day when they saw us catching, so they could have our spot, we took their advise.

Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 5:00am