2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
January 28, 2022, 11:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
I see after selling top scorer Ryan Loft a few weeks ago they have now sold Harry Davies the club captain , formerly of this parish.
Made me giggle listening to their manager pre match last week telling Humberside that the future looks bright for them !!!

Surely it's got to be this season they drop ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
January 28, 2022, 11:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,533
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from moosey_club
I see after selling top scorer Ryan Loft a few weeks ago they have now sold Harry Davies the club captain , formerly of this parish.
Made me giggle listening to their manager pre match last week telling Humberside that the future looks bright for them !!!

Surely it's got to be this season they drop ?

You've missed the more amusing part of this story in that they've sold him to a National League North side, albeit AFC Fylde who are a bit of a poor man's Fleetwood with a bit of dosh in their back pocket. Ultimately though, I think that's indicative of the direction they're heading in, at the very best.

I say that not to have a cheap dig at a local rival, who admittedly at this moment are an EFL club while we are very much not. But they have big problems. Our relegation, much more so than in 2010, came with a backdrop of positivity in the shape of the takeover. Perhaps a tiny bit of that positivity has waned due to the rigours routinely served up by the National League, but we are at least stable. The future of the club is relatively secure as of this moment.

I'd be very nervous if I were a Scunny fan right now, and not just because it's the end of the month which means bath day is approaching. Ultimately, I suspect that getting the odd slap from the Wealdstone's and Bromley's of this world may be nothing on what the short-to-medium future holds in store for them.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
promotion plaice
January 29, 2022, 12:07am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

It'll be good to have a proper local derby next season because no way we are getting promoted.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
mimma
January 29, 2022, 1:29am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
get to the playoffs, win promotion and Scunny go down.

If Carlesberg did promotion / relagation!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
dapperz fun pub
January 29, 2022, 6:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
I’m not laughing at scunny their going into a league where in ffs… and let’s face it the last twenty years they’ve had some good times unlike us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Poojah
January 29, 2022, 8:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,533
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
I’m not laughing at scunny their going into a league where in ffs… and let’s face it the last twenty years they’ve had some good times unlike us

It’s not particularly a laughing matter, but I wouldn’t necessarily assume Scunny will be in this division next season. See Bury, Macclesfield.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
aldi_01
January 29, 2022, 8:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
If they move players on they can bring players in. They’re under an embargo so the wheeling and dealing is a way of circumventing that.

A season ticket holding scunt friend of mine explained it. He’s well aware they’ll likely go down but this way means they can at least try something to get out of it.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
moosey_club
January 29, 2022, 8:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from aldi_01
If they move players on they can bring players in. They’re under an embargo so the wheeling and dealing is a way of circumventing that.

A season ticket holding scunt friend of mine explained it. He’s well aware they’ll likely go down but this way means they can at least try something to get out of it.

It's an interesting  point but flogging your goal scorer and your skipper to do it is a very spirit crushing thing to do. Family silverware etc etc

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
TwoLeftFeet
January 29, 2022, 9:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
As we found out last season very hard to get any decent players in to the club when your at the bottom of the league too..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
aldi_01
January 29, 2022, 9:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from moosey_club

It's an interesting  point but flogging your goal scorer and your skipper to do it is a very spirit crushing thing to do. Family silverware etc etc

Agreed, but as my mate said, the players didn’t seemingly put up much of a fight to stay so May be they’re not arsed…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny sell Captain

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.