Private Message
ginnywings
January 17, 2022, 12:56am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Apart from his theatrics, their keeper had a tidy game and kept them in it. No chance with either goal, but did he get a bit of a hand on the McAtee rocket?

The second goal was even better than I remember it, but was a tad overshadowed by the one that preceded it.

I know we have had a really poor run, but we have seen some great footy at BP and some cracking goals. Can't say it hasn't been entertaining in the main.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
Theimperialcoroner
January 17, 2022, 4:22am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,140
Gold Stars: 102
Could’ve had five

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
jamesgtfc
January 17, 2022, 8:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ginnywings
Apart from his theatrics, their keeper had a tidy game and kept them in it. No chance with either goal, but did he get a bit of a hand on the McAtee rocket?

The second goal was even better than I remember it, but was a tad overshadowed by the one that preceded it.

I know we have had a really poor run, but we have seen some great footy at BP and some cracking goals. Can't say it hasn't been entertaining in the main.

I've always been impressed with their keeper as a neutral and often at the level below. A master of the art of time wasting and gets involved in fan banter. Clapped the booing Main Stand at half time and came out early to give the Pontoon a round of applause until McAtee said "hold my beer."

To be fair, he didn't know much about that save at the end of the first half but the one where he rushed out to the oncoming Taylor was a great bit of goalkeeping.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
ska face
January 17, 2022, 8:44am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,554
Gold Stars: 838
Great save from Crocombe just before half time.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
Kris2
January 17, 2022, 8:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from ginnywings

We perhaps made it easier for him to get something on it at times by hitting the ball straight at him, I'm not sure how much he knew about the Waterfall header he hooked away about to hit him in the face lol. Really wasn't impressed with him falling over constantly when we had a second chance at goal from a rebound, less so with the ref giving them the ball each time he did it.

Definitely no chance with the goals but if those were at the other end I'm sure the former apprentice goalkeepers on the forum would be saying he should have saved it and that the coaches should be training them right.  
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
quebec38
January 17, 2022, 8:57am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Master of the art of time wasting - fair enough I guess if you’re behind but when you’re 5 minutes in to the game and it’s 0-0 it’s not a good look.

He doubled down on it in the second half and did it a few times when losing as well. Didn’t see the manager telling him to get a move on which was quite strange. Summed up their attitude to the match on Saturday. Looked and played like they didn’t really care about getting a result.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Poojah
January 17, 2022, 9:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,424
Gold Stars: 1,499
Should have been more than 2-0, is my main takeaway from that. I love it when Pearson charges forward like that; always catches the opposition completely off guard as he’s the person on the pitch who always looks least likely to do such a thing. He really should have laid the ball off to Sousa to his left, but you can see him thinking “fúck it, I’m having this”.

Only remaining question for me is why the players came out onto the wrong half of the pitch? Why was that, and have I missed something and it’s been going on for a while? Looked weird.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
diehardmariner
January 17, 2022, 11:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532
Didn't like the antics from their 'keeper but that save from Waterfall was top drawer.  On live showing I thought it just hit him but the replays show great reflexes to tip that over.  

I had Waterfall for first goal at 25/1 so absolutely delighted to see how good that save was...
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
Les Brechin
January 17, 2022, 11:56am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
That first goal was a thing of beauty.

If that had been scored in The Premier League, Gary Lineker et al would be w@nking over that for ages.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Altrincham Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.