Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 17, 2022, 12:15am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP8HxCaIEPY&ab_channel=GrimsbyTownF.C.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 17, 2022, 12:56am; Reply: 1
Apart from his theatrics, their keeper had a tidy game and kept them in it. No chance with either goal, but did he get a bit of a hand on the McAtee rocket?

The second goal was even better than I remember it, but was a tad overshadowed by the one that preceded it.

I know we have had a really poor run, but we have seen some great footy at BP and some cracking goals. Can't say it hasn't been entertaining in the main.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 17, 2022, 4:22am; Reply: 2
Could’ve had five
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 17, 2022, 8:21am; Reply: 3
Quoted from ginnywings
Apart from his theatrics, their keeper had a tidy game and kept them in it. No chance with either goal, but did he get a bit of a hand on the McAtee rocket?

The second goal was even better than I remember it, but was a tad overshadowed by the one that preceded it.

I know we have had a really poor run, but we have seen some great footy at BP and some cracking goals. Can't say it hasn't been entertaining in the main.

I've always been impressed with their keeper as a neutral and often at the level below. A master of the art of time wasting and gets involved in fan banter. Clapped the booing Main Stand at half time and came out early to give the Pontoon a round of applause until McAtee said "hold my beer."

To be fair, he didn't know much about that save at the end of the first half but the one where he rushed out to the oncoming Taylor was a great bit of goalkeeping.
Posted by: ska face, January 17, 2022, 8:44am; Reply: 4
Great save from Crocombe just before half time.
Posted by: Kris2, January 17, 2022, 8:57am; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings

We perhaps made it easier for him to get something on it at times by hitting the ball straight at him, I'm not sure how much he knew about the Waterfall header he hooked away about to hit him in the face lol. Really wasn't impressed with him falling over constantly when we had a second chance at goal from a rebound, less so with the ref giving them the ball each time he did it.

Definitely no chance with the goals but if those were at the other end I'm sure the former apprentice goalkeepers on the forum would be saying he should have saved it and that the coaches should be training them right.  ;)
Posted by: quebec38, January 17, 2022, 8:57am; Reply: 6
Master of the art of time wasting - fair enough I guess if you’re behind but when you’re 5 minutes in to the game and it’s 0-0 it’s not a good look.

He doubled down on it in the second half and did it a few times when losing as well. Didn’t see the manager telling him to get a move on which was quite strange. Summed up their attitude to the match on Saturday. Looked and played like they didn’t really care about getting a result.
Posted by: Poojah, January 17, 2022, 9:17am; Reply: 7
Should have been more than 2-0, is my main takeaway from that. I love it when Pearson charges forward like that; always catches the opposition completely off guard as he’s the person on the pitch who always looks least likely to do such a thing. He really should have laid the ball off to Sousa to his left, but you can see him thinking “fúck it, I’m having this”.

Only remaining question for me is why the players came out onto the wrong half of the pitch? Why was that, and have I missed something and it’s been going on for a while? Looked weird.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 17, 2022, 11:43am; Reply: 8
Didn't like the antics from their 'keeper but that save from Waterfall was top drawer.  On live showing I thought it just hit him but the replays show great reflexes to tip that over.  

I had Waterfall for first goal at 25/1 so absolutely delighted to see how good that save was... :o
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 17, 2022, 11:56am; Reply: 9
That first goal was a thing of beauty.

If that had been scored in The Premier League, Gary Lineker et al would be w@nking over that for ages.  :)
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, January 17, 2022, 12:43pm; Reply: 10
Thanks for those highlights arry - didn't think I was going to get to see our 2 best goals ff the season.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 17, 2022, 12:45pm; Reply: 11
I make that 10 excellent goals that we have scored at home this season.  We could have our own NL goal of the season competition.

A good day out last Sat.
Posted by: Maringer, January 17, 2022, 12:48pm; Reply: 12
A good save from Waterfall's header, but it was one of those where he should have scored and you could tell by his reaction that he knew it. If he'd headed it downwards even a little, the keeper wouldn't have had a chance.

Otherwise, two great strikes, but I agree with Hurst that we didn't get enough shots away when we're in and around the box.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 17, 2022, 1:31pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Maringer
A good save from Waterfall's header, but it was one of those where he should have scored and you could tell by his reaction that he knew it. If he'd headed it downwards even a little, the keeper wouldn't have had a chance.

Otherwise, two great strikes, but I agree with Hurst that we didn't get enough shots away when we're in and around the box.

I totally forgot about the McAtee volley into the ground which their keeper somehow saved too.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 17, 2022, 1:37pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Les Brechin

If that had been scored in The Premier League, Gary Lineker et al would be w@nking over that for ages.  :)

I did till the lady sat next to me told me to put it away.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 17, 2022, 2:51pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from ginnywings

He was okay, but his hospital pass (albeit under pressure) caused the 2nd goal.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 17, 2022, 3:03pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Yep.

I said he was tidy, not great, but he did pull off a few good saves.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 17, 2022, 3:43pm; Reply: 17
Wasn't a hospital pass was it?  Just a excrement clearance straight to our player.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 17, 2022, 3:51pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Yet, too often this season (especially when McAtee isn't playing) we've let the keeper have ball for as long as he wants. If ever there is evidence needed around the importance of closing down, that second goal is it and it all started with Fox and then McAtee put the keeper under such pressure, that he couldn't clear it properly.
Posted by: pizzzza, January 17, 2022, 4:24pm; Reply: 19
What exactly did the commentator call Fox at 1:16 after his header was saved?
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 17, 2022, 7:52pm; Reply: 20
That ball from Fox for the Taylor chance in the first half is quality, need to see more of that from him.

That McAtee goal gets better every time I watch it.
Posted by: IrishMariner, January 17, 2022, 9:36pm; Reply: 21
I think the Matchday Moments portrays Fox's chance as a poor header rather than a cross that was too high.

Two superb goals though so I can't complain too much!
Posted by: Vance Warner, January 17, 2022, 9:40pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from ska face
Great save from Crocombe just before half time.

Totally agree. Wasn’t spectacular but a quality save.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 8:16am