Club crests in lorries

This thread currently has 2,085 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Pocklington Mariner
January 13, 2022, 7:40pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +35
Driving around you often see lorries with LED  lights in their cabs, often logos of the company they work for,  quite a few now have football club crests , leaving work in York on Tuesday a car transporter on the other side of the road coming the other way had a club crest in his cab, now a lot of the crests in the lorries are most often just a red light.. This one though was a rather large Grimsby Town one all lit up with the black n white stripes and fish clearly visible.. Really did look impressive
Logged Offline
Private Message
GollyGTFC
January 13, 2022, 7:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
I saw one last week on the A16 Crowland bypass. Looked good.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 10
mariner2000
January 13, 2022, 7:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Yeah I've seen that one in Leicester too.  

It was a http://www.ecmvds.co.uk transporter
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 2 - 10
jamesgtfc
January 13, 2022, 7:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,947
Gold Stars: 190
Driving around you often see lorries with LED  lights in their cabs, often logos of the company they work for,  quite a few now have football club crests , leaving work in York on Tuesday a car transporter on the other side of the road coming the other way had a club crest in his cab, now a lot of the crests in the lorries are most often just a red light.. This one though was a rather large Grimsby Town one all lit up with the black n white stripes and fish clearly visible.. Really did look impressive

I bet the board didn't think how much that would cost to replace when they set about updating our badge 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
friskneymariner
January 13, 2022, 8:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I saw one last week on the A16 Crowland bypass. Looked good.

Ah the Crowland  bypass known to all as Speechley's downfall.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
GYinScuntland
January 13, 2022, 8:50pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
I worked on the steelworks weighbridge before retirement and there were two drivers came in daily with the illuminated Town badge in the cab, really impressive to be fair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 14, 2022, 10:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Used to deliver around the midland and south west and had a town plaque in the front window of the van.

I also used to make sure that the other 2 vans had GTFC written into the mucky rear doors

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
ivanosandwich
January 14, 2022, 11:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 16
Not so long ago there was a Quayside lorry that had a GTFC badge on the side of the trailer. Haven't seen it for a while though so not sure if it's still around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Poojah
January 14, 2022, 11:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,468
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from ivanosandwich
Not so long ago there was a Quayside lorry that had a GTFC badge on the side of the trailer. Haven't seen it for a while though so not sure if it's still around.

Often used to see it driving into Grimsby on the A180 on match days. Used to bring about a weird sense of pride.

I always get that when seeing Town paraphernalia in unexpected places. Most recent one was at Boris Johnson’s fabled Peppa Pig World, right on the south coast, in the summer. As we were disembarking Daddy Pig’s car ride, there in the distance is a kid in full Town kit. Lovely stuff.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
jaygy
January 14, 2022, 12:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from GYinScuntland
I worked on the steelworks weighbridge before retirement and there were two drivers came in daily with the illuminated Town badge in the cab, really impressive to be fair.

Theres a Tarmac lorry that passes through most days with the town badge on the sides
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Club crests in lorries

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.