Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Pocklington Mariner, January 13, 2022, 7:40pm
Driving around you often see lorries with LED  lights in their cabs, often logos of the company they work for,  quite a few now have football club crests , leaving work in York on Tuesday a car transporter on the other side of the road coming the other way had a club crest in his cab, now a lot of the crests in the lorries are most often just a red light.. This one though was a rather large Grimsby Town one all lit up with the black n white stripes and fish clearly visible.. Really did look impressive
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 13, 2022, 7:46pm; Reply: 1
I saw one last week on the A16 Crowland bypass. Looked good.
Posted by: mariner2000, January 13, 2022, 7:51pm; Reply: 2
Yeah I've seen that one in Leicester too.  

It was a http://www.ecmvds.co.uk transporter
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 13, 2022, 7:55pm; Reply: 3
Driving around you often see lorries with LED  lights in their cabs, often logos of the company they work for,  quite a few now have football club crests , leaving work in York on Tuesday a car transporter on the other side of the road coming the other way had a club crest in his cab, now a lot of the crests in the lorries are most often just a red light.. This one though was a rather large Grimsby Town one all lit up with the black n white stripes and fish clearly visible.. Really did look impressive

I bet the board didn't think how much that would cost to replace when they set about updating our badge 😉
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 13, 2022, 8:31pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I saw one last week on the A16 Crowland bypass. Looked good.

Ah the Crowland  bypass known to all as Speechley's downfall.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 13, 2022, 8:50pm; Reply: 5
I worked on the steelworks weighbridge before retirement and there were two drivers came in daily with the illuminated Town badge in the cab, really impressive to be fair.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 14, 2022, 10:06am; Reply: 6
Used to deliver around the midland and south west and had a town plaque in the front window of the van.

I also used to make sure that the other 2 vans had GTFC written into the mucky rear doors
Posted by: ivanosandwich, January 14, 2022, 11:07am; Reply: 7
Not so long ago there was a Quayside lorry that had a GTFC badge on the side of the trailer. Haven't seen it for a while though so not sure if it's still around.
Posted by: Poojah, January 14, 2022, 11:20am; Reply: 8
Quoted from ivanosandwich
Not so long ago there was a Quayside lorry that had a GTFC badge on the side of the trailer. Haven't seen it for a while though so not sure if it's still around.

Often used to see it driving into Grimsby on the A180 on match days. Used to bring about a weird sense of pride.

I always get that when seeing Town paraphernalia in unexpected places. Most recent one was at Boris Johnson’s fabled Peppa Pig World, right on the south coast, in the summer. As we were disembarking Daddy Pig’s car ride, there in the distance is a kid in full Town kit. Lovely stuff.
Posted by: jaygy, January 14, 2022, 12:45pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from GYinScuntland
I worked on the steelworks weighbridge before retirement and there were two drivers came in daily with the illuminated Town badge in the cab, really impressive to be fair.

Theres a Tarmac lorry that passes through most days with the town badge on the sides
Posted by: Pocklington Mariner, January 14, 2022, 7:06pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from mariner2000
Yeah I've seen that one in Leicester too.  

It was a http://www.ecmvds.co.uk transporter

Yep sounds like that be the one I saw too.. It did look really impressive all lit up.. Sounds like it's getting around too.

Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:40am