4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Roast Em Bobby
January 13, 2022, 12:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
I saw that Anthony vanden Borre has been released by Anderlecht.

Offer him a player/coach position as he could still provide cover at right back.

Its never going to happen but we can all dream

Why even look at foreign players? Not going to happen because of brexit. Don’t you remember that Jonny foreigners were holding back British talent?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 37
Incognito
January 13, 2022, 3:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +249
I've just been having a look at players who are out of contract and those who we might "realistically" sign and found three who might be options.

Charlie Colkett is a player who's name popped up. He's played under Hurst before at Shrewsbury, and is a central midfielder. He's just been released by Ostersunds in Sweden, so might be looking for a move back to England? He's a central midfielder.

Jermaine Hylton could be another option. Same agent as Sousa, recently released by Newport. Left winger, although that position isn't a "priority".

Emyr Huws is a central midfielder. He's be on the edge of realistic/unrealistic for me though. Again, been managed by Hurst before whilst at Ipswich.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 37
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 13, 2022, 3:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Incognito
I've just been having a look at players who are out of contract and those who we might "realistically" sign and found three who might be options.

Charlie Colkett is a player who's name popped up. He's played under Hurst before at Shrewsbury, and is a central midfielder. He's just been released by Ostersunds in Sweden, so might be looking for a move back to England? He's a central midfielder.

Jermaine Hylton could be another option. Same agent as Sousa, recently released by Newport. Left winger, although that position isn't a "priority".

Emyr Huws is a central midfielder. He's be on the edge of realistic/unrealistic for me though. Again, been managed by Hurst before whilst at Ipswich.

Colkett looks to be training with Cheltenham.

Hylton provides the most pun fun.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
Poojah
January 14, 2022, 9:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
Thread on the Darlo forum here, attempting to put a value on their striker Luke Charman. General consensus seems to be around the £50k mark; is that beyond our means?

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39852

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
jamesgtfc
January 14, 2022, 9:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Poojah
Thread on the Darlo forum here, attempting to put a value on their striker Luke Charman. General consensus seems to be around the £50k mark; is that beyond our means?

His value will be limited by the fact he's played such a limited number of games in his career but you have to speculate to accumulate. If he came in and did the business then he's probably put another 0 on his value at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
HertsGTFC
January 14, 2022, 9:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,639
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Poojah

It shouldn’t be if all is to believed, I have no idea who’ll be coming in but I know PH will have targets that he thinks will improve us, whether he gets them or not remains to be seen. I was a bit surprised we brought a LB in yesterday though.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
chaos33
January 14, 2022, 10:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from Poojah

Hmm. That’s maybe a theoretical, fans’ valuation but I’m not sure I can see them getting that for him, especially as he evidently wants to take the opportunity to play at a higher level and wants to go when he learns of an offer. I guess Darlo’s best chance of getting some decent money for him is if there’s competition for his signature and he’s open to moving to more than one club.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
coddy60
January 14, 2022, 11:18am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from HertsGTFC

It shouldn’t be if all is to believed, I have no idea who’ll be coming in but I know PH will have targets that he thinks will improve us, whether he gets them or not remains to be seen. I was a bit surprised we brought a LB in yesterday though.

I don't see a LB as a surprising signing, given we only have Crookes, and hes not in great form
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
tashee69
January 14, 2022, 11:35am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +966
Gold Stars: 23
See that Charman of Darlington is a goalscorer BUT also has been sent off twice this season with a number of bookings.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
Chrisblor
January 14, 2022, 12:00pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Matt Dean - "Are you interested in Luke (Charman)?"

Paul Hurst - *long pause* "No"

I'm not entirely convinced by his answer. 7m47s onwards here if you want to listen for yourself and see what you think - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bh2kc9

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Realistic acquisitions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.