KingstonMariner
December 21, 2021, 2:16am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Maringer
I tell you what, they've all got brilliant memories as well. No need for pens or paper, computers or the like when you are working as effectively as them. Cheese and wine is obviously brain food. I bet they didn't even need to take notes of the meetings because they could all remember everything that they were working on!

No notes means no record of the meeting as evidence. Well ignoring the cameras that is 😆

The worrying thing is not only are they a bunch of rule-breaking liars, they haven’t even got the intelligence to hide it properly. Tim Rotter-And-Dim?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 109
DB
December 21, 2021, 5:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.35
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391
You can fool some of the people some of the time,
But you can't fool all the people all of the time.

Boris & Co. have never learned this.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 109
aldi_01
December 21, 2021, 10:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from DB
You can fool some of the people some of the time,
But you can't fool all the people all of the time.

Boris & Co. have never learned this.

But they will, people will vote for them…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 109
cmackenzie4
December 21, 2021, 10:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Who would be stupid enough to vote for a conservative government after all these lies and mess ups? They would never ever get my vote.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 109
aldi_01
December 22, 2021, 9:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Who would be stupid enough to vote for a conservative government after all these lies and mess ups? They would never ever get my vote.

Who’s have voted for them before?

The simple fact is, voters have short memories and Tory spin will run a sleaze campaign against the leader of the opposition, they make some bold claims they’ll increase living standards, use phrases like levelling up and pretend they’re going to increase Universal Credit and the like, idiots will swallow it and then, true to form, they’ll do very much the opposite and lie, cheat and scam their way through, lining the pockets of their chums and selling peerages left right and centre…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 109
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 23, 2021, 12:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,076
Gold Stars: 195

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 109
Humbercod
December 23, 2021, 7:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from aldi_01

Who’s have voted for them before?

The simple fact is, voters have short memories and Tory spin will run a sleaze campaign against the leader of the opposition, they make some bold claims they’ll increase living standards, use phrases like levelling up and pretend they’re going to increase Universal Credit and the like, idiots will swallow it and then, true to form, they’ll do very much the opposite and lie, cheat and scam their way through, lining the pockets of their chums and selling peerages left right and centre…

Did you never hear about the cash for honours scandal?

Chris is correct what he says, but if you think Labour is the answer then you’re somewhat delusional!

These party’s have had there time they both need voting out but the problem with donkeys voting red or blue will never stop the merry go round. The only way for change is a change in the voting system.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 109
aldi_01
December 23, 2021, 9:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Did you never hear about the cash for honours scandal?

Chris is correct what he says, but if you think Labour is the answer then you’re somewhat delusional!

These party’s have had there time they both need voting out but the problem with donkeys voting red or blue will never stop the merry go round. The only way for change is a change in the voting system.

I didn’t mention labour…I said opposition…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 109
ginnywings
January 17, 2022, 1:50am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Just been catching up with the news and that tw@t Mogg actually said in Parliament last week concerning the party that Boris admits to attending that maybe the rules at the time were a bit harsh, intimating that's it's understandable that they were broken.

Basically, what he is saying without actually saying it, is if Johnson gets found guilty by the Sue Gray inquiry, then it was the rules that were at fault and not the Prime Minister and his staff.

He has form for this when he suggested that people who were caught in the Grenfell Tower fire should have shown common sense and ignored the advice from the fire service who told them to stay in their flats. It was the fault of the people burning to death for sticking to the information they were given and not fleeing a burning building.

I hate this guy with a passion. He is everything that is wrong with this country and It's time that all the forelock tuggers realise that just because someone is rich and talks with a plummy accent, it doesn't mean that they are clever and should be running the country. In fact the opposite is true as they do not care one jot beyond their own self aggrandizement and their own self interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 109
Maringer
January 17, 2022, 12:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
JRM is an absolutely unspeakable anus, which isn't surprising when you consider who his father was. For some years, I had a subscription to The Times newspaper and WRM's columns were such swivel-eyed right-wing nonsense that I was absolutely amazed when I discovered he was actually a long-standing 'respectable' journalist! Economically, especially, he didn't have the first clue about what he was talking about which is pretty concerning given that he began his career at the FT. Undoubtedly would have got that job through patronage, of course, as a member of the landed gentry and Oxford graduate.

I suspect that JRM lapped up his Dad's bullshit for years and probably believes some of the nonsense he was fed, but he's certainly a much more cynical character and he's reliant on the worst type of dog whistle politics to promote himself. I dislike him more than Bunter, which is saying something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › The Lockdown Christmas Party

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.