1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
November 28, 2021, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Former GTFC Vice Chairman has sadly passed away aged 97.
Private Message
barralad
November 28, 2021, 3:30pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Director in the days just before JF. Sold his shareholding to Huxford on the back of his promises to invest heavily in the team and a new ground.

R.I.P.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
jamesgtfc
November 28, 2021, 4:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from barralad
Director in the days just before JF. Sold his shareholding to Huxford on the back of his promises to invest heavily in the team and a new ground.

R.I.P.

Too young to remember him but Buckley spoke about his great relationship with boards that included Aspinall, Carr etc and enjoyed going in the boardroom back then the other week when Matt Dean interviewed him.

I used to sit behind Huxford, he sat at the top of the directors seats in the Main Stand. I must have been about 11 and I couldn't see so people around me were yelling at him to sit down. He turned around and his words were "I own this club, I can do what I want."

RIP Terry, the club is good hands once again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Vance Warner
November 28, 2021, 10:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Met him a few times - lovely bloke. Part of a board that took some stick at the time but had the club’s best interests at heart. What has followed has shown how lucky we were to have them. RIP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
Marinerdeano
November 29, 2021, 10:56am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +366
Gold Stars: 24
Thank you for your kind words. Terry was my Grandad and a wonderful, kind man. He was something of a hero to me and had some brilliant and stories to tell, building business from nothing, with a very humble background. I am biased but I know he was instrumental and in the board's decision to bring in Buckley in the late 80's and bring him back 97-98. He was deservedly well loved and I've yet to meet anyone with a more captivating laugh that in turn gets everyone else going. ❤️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
arryarryarry
November 29, 2021, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Marinerdeano
Thank you for your kind words. Terry was my Grandad and a wonderful, kind man. He was something of a hero to me and had some brilliant and stories to tell, building business from nothing, with a very humble background. I am biased but I know he was instrumental and in the board's decision to bring in Buckley in the late 80's and bring him back 97-98. He was deservedly well loved and I've yet to meet anyone with a more captivating laugh that in turn gets everyone else going. ❤️

You and your family have my deepest condolences.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.