Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 28, 2021, 1:24pm
Former GTFC Vice Chairman has sadly passed away aged 97.
Posted by: barralad, November 28, 2021, 3:30pm; Reply: 1
Director in the days just before JF. Sold his shareholding to Huxford on the back of his promises to invest heavily in the team and a new ground.

R.I.P.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 28, 2021, 4:47pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from barralad
Director in the days just before JF. Sold his shareholding to Huxford on the back of his promises to invest heavily in the team and a new ground.

R.I.P.

Too young to remember him but Buckley spoke about his great relationship with boards that included Aspinall, Carr etc and enjoyed going in the boardroom back then the other week when Matt Dean interviewed him.

I used to sit behind Huxford, he sat at the top of the directors seats in the Main Stand. I must have been about 11 and I couldn't see so people around me were yelling at him to sit down. He turned around and his words were "I own this club, I can do what I want."

RIP Terry, the club is good hands once again.
Posted by: Vance Warner, November 28, 2021, 10:02pm; Reply: 3
Met him a few times - lovely bloke. Part of a board that took some stick at the time but had the club’s best interests at heart. What has followed has shown how lucky we were to have them. RIP
Posted by: Marinerdeano, November 29, 2021, 10:56am; Reply: 4
Thank you for your kind words. Terry was my Grandad and a wonderful, kind man. He was something of a hero to me and had some brilliant and stories to tell, building business from nothing, with a very humble background. I am biased but I know he was instrumental and in the board's decision to bring in Buckley in the late 80's and bring him back 97-98. He was deservedly well loved and I've yet to meet anyone with a more captivating laugh that in turn gets everyone else going. ❤️
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 29, 2021, 12:22pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Marinerdeano
Thank you for your kind words. Terry was my Grandad and a wonderful, kind man. He was something of a hero to me and had some brilliant and stories to tell, building business from nothing, with a very humble background. I am biased but I know he was instrumental and in the board's decision to bring in Buckley in the late 80's and bring him back 97-98. He was deservedly well loved and I've yet to meet anyone with a more captivating laugh that in turn gets everyone else going. ❤️

You and your family have my deepest condolences.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 7:46am