11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
November 16, 2021, 5:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Hunt is 100% not a 10. He wants to drop deep, pick the ball up from the defence and try to dictate play. We need McAtee back or Bapaga and Sousa both need to play. With just Sousa on the pitch any opposition who've watched us will double up on him and most of our threat is negated. If McAtee isn't fit I'd play Bapaga, Sousa and Clifton as a three behind Taylor with Hunt and Fox behind them. Would leave centre backs alone and have Crookes and Sears at full back.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 108
mariner91
November 16, 2021, 5:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from quebec38
Ha ha whereas your comment does wonders for discussion which is what I was aiming for. I was hoping for red crosses aplenty, but then maybe people also offering what they thought would be a better alternative.

Well I wouldn’t look to change the formation around too much and I certainly wouldn’t start hoofing it forward which is exactly what most of the defenders in this league want you to do. I would either attempt Sousa in behind Taylor in a more central role given license to roam. I’d drop Revan for Crookes in order to be more solid. Put Clifton back out on the left for his energy and Bapaga on the right but Sousa and Bapaga could be interchangeable. Encourage Efete to push on. Ideally McAtee will be back in which case back to what was working to start with.

The issue in the last few games has been the nice football being a bit too slow and far from goal, so encourage players forward early and taking a few more risks in the right areas. Teams at this level do not like the ball being played around/behind them at speed on the ground but we’ve stopped doing that.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 108
toontown
November 16, 2021, 7:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Hagrid

i dont think thats the best position for him at all

Absolutely, Hunt is small and not physical, the idea of him competing for a ball upfront, often in the air, with his back to defence - won't suit him at all.

He needs to be receiving the ball deep and having the opposition in front of him and using his quick feet and brain to raise the tempo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 108
chaos33
November 16, 2021, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Hunt is 100% not a 10. He wants to drop deep, pick the ball up from the defence and try to dictate play. We need McAtee back or Bapaga and Sousa both need to play. With just Sousa on the pitch any opposition who've watched us will double up on him and most of our threat is negated. If McAtee isn't fit I'd play Bapaga, Sousa and Clifton as a three behind Taylor with Hunt and Fox behind them. Would leave centre backs alone and have Crookes and Sears at full back.

Agree absolutely

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 108
ginnywings
November 16, 2021, 10:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Couldn't get 2 seats together in the Upper for me and my brother, unless it was at either far end of the stand.

We decided to give the Osmond stand a go for a change as neither of us have watched a game from there in years, probably decades. Been doing some more fan zone stuff this week, so I went and sat in a few spots to get a feel of it. Think I prefer it to the Pontoon to be honest. It felt like being at a different ground in a weird way.

Looking forward to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 108
Limerick Mariner
November 17, 2021, 12:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
McAtee was back running last week so I would not rule him out yet, unless I have missed an update.

He is obviously a very fit lad so if his injury has cleared I would imagine he would go straight back in. Hope so as he is the one player we cannot really do without.

I'd be surprised to see him. Just running on a recovering knee is not the same as putting all the torsion through the joint that a game would bring. Grant has had two more weeks since coming off the bench at Kidderminster - surely it's time to give him a full go behind Taylor.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 108
Maringer
November 17, 2021, 7:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,495
Gold Stars: 185
I thought Revan did OK when he came on against Notts County. Didn't look as comfortable as Sears before his injury, but he was facing their nippy winger who came on for the second half. Their winning goal came down our left side, of course.

I see him as a backup player so putting him on when Crookes isn't quite fit would make sense, but playing him behind another very inexperienced young player in Khouri was a big gamble which didn't work out. Strange they didn't change it at half-time, I agree.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 108
lew chaterleys lover
November 17, 2021, 3:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I'd be surprised to see him. Just running on a recovering knee is not the same as putting all the torsion through the joint that a game would bring. Grant has had two more weeks since coming off the bench at Kidderminster - surely it's time to give him a full go behind Taylor.

Looks like you could be right in your assessment. According to Hurst he has done a lot of gym work and more running but has yet to test the knee in football related movements. That is a shame, as is the news that we have picked up yet another injury to a first-team player who will miss Friday and maybe more than that.

Max Wright felt his injury again and is out once more.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 108
Hagrid
November 17, 2021, 4:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,392
Gold Stars: 534

Looks like you could be right in your assessment. According to Hurst he has done a lot of gym work and more running but has yet to test the knee in football related movements. That is a shame, as is the news that we have picked up yet another injury to a first-team player who will miss Friday and maybe more than that.

Max Wright felt his injury again and is out once more.

for intercourse sake
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 108
lew chaterleys lover
November 17, 2021, 4:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid

for intercourse sake

Its a hamstring apparently to the unnamed player. Grant and Scannell continue to train but it doesn't sound as if he thinks their ready.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Southend at home Friday night

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.