This thread currently has 3,161 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
October 14, 2021, 11:40am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,633
Gold Stars: 168
Saw this story and thought it deserved a mention on here. Apologies if it already has been.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/grimsby-town-woking-fc-help-6043852

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
RonMariner
October 14, 2021, 11:48am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +41 / -7
Approval: +12,948
Gold Stars: 216
Well done indeed. A brilliant gesture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
KingstonMariner
October 14, 2021, 12:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Brilliant! Well done Woking.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
goldenfish
October 14, 2021, 12:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +212
Gold Stars: 16
Outstanding , fantastic story . Credit to all involved
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
Kris2
October 14, 2021, 12:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 135
A very nice gesture from their chairman to organise and get both clubs involved. She shows a great deal of understanding for disabilities that are often misunderstood and demonised.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
Perkins
October 14, 2021, 12:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,964
Gold Stars: 7
Theres always one isnt there. Taken from the comments section from some idiot called Marmiteontoast in the GET regarding this story. Did they actually read the article?

"So it didnt have ANYTHING to do with Grimsby Town. They helped in no way at all. It was all down to the very generous lady at Woking. Please get the facts right Grimsby Live."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
RichMariner
October 14, 2021, 12:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,108
Gold Stars: 204
I watched a programme a little while back that changed my attitude on disabilities.

It asked someone with a disability what term they used to describe an 'able-bodied' person and they said 'not disabled yet'.

They pointed out that all of us, at some point or other in life - whether we've broken a leg, been diagnosed with certain diseases and illnesses, or struggled with mental health - experience disability.

And, of course, as we get older and experience arthritis or just general mobility issues due to age, we become 'disabled'.

So why wouldn't we want to create a world in which all disabilities are catered for? It'll make our lives happier, and easier, if they're there, ready and waiting when something happens to us, and in the meantime you're bringing happiness and comfort to people who already live with disabilities.

So good to read of examples where people make an effort to help those with disabilities. Small gestures go such a long way.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
Mayaman
October 14, 2021, 1:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,228
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Perkins
Theres always one isnt there. Taken from the comments section from some idiot called Marmiteontoast in the GET regarding this story. Did they actually read the article?

"So it didnt have ANYTHING to do with Grimsby Town. They helped in no way at all. It was all down to the very generous lady at Woking. Please get the facts right Grimsby Live."

I replied to him / her I think you will find he sat with the Gy delegates. He was also presented with a Grimsby shirt. As Woking probably do not sell them and they are not readily available up and down the country, I conclude that G.T.F.C arranged that little gift. There's only one winner - football!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
grimsby pete
October 14, 2021, 2:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
What a lovely gesture my great granddaughter has autism and at the age of twelve she sometimes has anger issues which gets her in trouble at school.

She loves going to watch town and shouting  FISH !!!!!!!

So we hope we can shout it a lot at the Yeovil game .

I would love it if I could take her more often as she loves spending what she calls quality time with me.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Ipswin
October 14, 2021, 2:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
What an absolutely outstanding marvellous gesture by Woking made the day for this mini-Mariner. Thank you from all Town fans

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done Woking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.