Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our Russell...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 170 Guests

Our Russell...

This thread currently has 2,693 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
fishboyUTM
October 12, 2021, 2:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Former players speak highly of him, as far as motivation and man management goes at least. Anyone working for he who shouldn't be mentioned will have a job on to be fair. But he was an absolute dinosaur the last time round. Big long balls into corners like it was 1983. He hasn't moved forward with the times but I wish him well for the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
diehardmariner
October 12, 2021, 2:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 538
At the time when his reign ended it was definitely the best thing for all.  We were going down under him and thankfully Jolley came in and performed a miracle with a excrement squad to keep us up.

Yet eventually Jolley, a supposed forward thinking manager with modern ideas, reverted to a style of football very similar to Slade.  Could it be that both Slade and Jolley were massively hampered by the fact that the former non-chairman gave them a excrement budget for both playing staff and support functions?

Always liked Slade, really enjoyed his first spell in which I thought we played some great football that was direct, attack minded and very physical.  Second spell definitely didn't work and he blotted his copybook with his role in the Matt Dean attack.

I think he's onto a bit of a winner with this one.  No-one, in any profession, would be happy that performance related data is subject to such a lack of regulation and can ultimately stunt your progression.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
golfer
October 12, 2021, 2:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
FKIM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
RonMariner
October 12, 2021, 5:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,668
Gold Stars: 226
I was hoping he might be the next Scunts manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
KingstonMariner
October 12, 2021, 7:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Good luck to him on this. Footballers today. You and I tomorrow.

Someone said the data shouldn’t be monetised. Some companies are already deriving financial benefit from it. So why shouldn’t the people whose data it is get something and some control?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our Russell...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.