Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: pizzzza, October 12, 2021, 7:32am
Glad Mr Slade found something else to occupy himself with since he won't be getting anywhere near a management hotseat anytime soon...

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58873132[/url]
Posted by: psgmariner, October 12, 2021, 7:45am; Reply: 1
Seems fair enough really. Good on him.

If the data isn’t accurate and well managed then it could have a massive impact on a player’s career.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 12, 2021, 8:32am; Reply: 2
I assume Russell will be presenting a Powerpoint on this in court.
Posted by: golfer, October 12, 2021, 8:47am; Reply: 3
Transfer Market -------A  N Other plays or did play for a sports club in one of the leagues in one of the countries in the U. K. He or she plays or did play in a certain position in his or her chosen profession. He or she is or was inclined to use a preferred part of his or her body to enhance his or her performance .He or she was bought or sold for a certain amount once upon a time. This was or wasn't a record fee for the selling or buying party.   etc  etc  etc.      F.F.S.                                                              
Posted by: Son of Cod, October 12, 2021, 8:59am; Reply: 4
Quoted from psgmariner
Seems fair enough really. Good on him.

If the data isn’t accurate and well managed then it could have a massive impact on a player’s career.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure I agree on that. I don't think we should monetising stats. It'll end up with resources such as Transfrmarkt going behind a paywall. There's already a lack of stats for the general fan at Conference level and below. It could also see clubs who are doing their due diligence on transfer targets having to pay over the odds to scout players. I agree that this data can have an impact on a player's career, so it should somehow be regulated. There are also an endless amount of factors that can't be quantified that managers consider when signing a player, any manager worth his salt won't be relying on stats alone.

It's an interesting claim from Slade though and I'd like to hear him talk more about it, particularly how he believes Data Protection is breached.
Posted by: psgmariner, October 12, 2021, 9:04am; Reply: 5
If you have personal data then legally you have to uphold the Data Protection Principles:

used fairly, lawfully and transparently
used for specified, explicit purposes
used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
kept for no longer than is necessary
handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage

At the moment it is unregulated and a free for all so doubt any of them are.
Posted by: Mikey_345, October 12, 2021, 10:57am; Reply: 6
From what i've read he maybe on to something here, good on him to be fair.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 12, 2021, 11:36am; Reply: 7
To be fair this is an issue when you consider how data is used in football and the consequences of it's mis-use in society.

Just think though if he's talking about suing it could be "no win no fee" if his football career had been based upon that I wonder if his house would be as big as it looks.  
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 12, 2021, 11:54am; Reply: 8
Strange how he complained about GTFC not using an analyst and was I think the first GTFC manager to have one. I wonder how secure the data we held was and how he used it.
Posted by: AlwaysHaddock1878, October 12, 2021, 1:45pm; Reply: 9
Well he is right, if data isn’t accurate… you lose trust. ;)
Posted by: fishboyUTM, October 12, 2021, 2:07pm; Reply: 10
Former players speak highly of him, as far as motivation and man management goes at least. Anyone working for he who shouldn't be mentioned will have a job on to be fair. But he was an absolute dinosaur the last time round. Big long balls into corners like it was 1983. He hasn't moved forward with the times but I wish him well for the future.
Posted by: diehardmariner, October 12, 2021, 2:20pm; Reply: 11
At the time when his reign ended it was definitely the best thing for all.  We were going down under him and thankfully Jolley came in and performed a miracle with a excrement squad to keep us up.

Yet eventually Jolley, a supposed forward thinking manager with modern ideas, reverted to a style of football very similar to Slade.  Could it be that both Slade and Jolley were massively hampered by the fact that the former non-chairman gave them a excrement budget for both playing staff and support functions?

Always liked Slade, really enjoyed his first spell in which I thought we played some great football that was direct, attack minded and very physical.  Second spell definitely didn't work and he blotted his copybook with his role in the Matt Dean attack.

I think he's onto a bit of a winner with this one.  No-one, in any profession, would be happy that performance related data is subject to such a lack of regulation and can ultimately stunt your progression.
Posted by: golfer, October 12, 2021, 2:50pm; Reply: 12
FKIM
Posted by: RonMariner, October 12, 2021, 5:56pm; Reply: 13
I was hoping he might be the next Scunts manager.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 12, 2021, 7:24pm; Reply: 14
Good luck to him on this. Footballers today. You and I tomorrow.

Someone said the data shouldn’t be monetised. Some companies are already deriving financial benefit from it. So why shouldn’t the people whose data it is get something and some control?
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 12:35pm