Woking Boss Rant

This thread currently has 4,545 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 27, 2021, 12:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,306
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Kris2

Probably the first player I can think of here that a manager froze out the squad for being a nutjob.

I'll raise you Ashley Sestanovich.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 27, 2021, 12:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,306
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from ska face
I saw a player taking the knee (good) to fill up a jerry can (bad) this weekend. May have been to fill his car up to go get a jab (good), but contributing to climate breakdown (bad).

There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen. What week is it? Which year is it?

Was that at a petrol station on the A180?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
Meza
September 27, 2021, 12:41pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,642
Gold Stars: 50
Majority of people in Lincoln hospital thy have covid are either single jabbed or not jabbed at all.  Only a very small number with covid are double jabbed.

Still boils down to immune system for me.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
SteffiMariner
September 27, 2021, 12:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
I'm double jabbed, my lad is under 10 so not. He, along with most of his class mates, are currently isolating as they have Covid. He has been around me constantly for the last week and I am still testing negative on LFT (and the PCR test). Anecdotal I know, though pretty sure if I wasn't double jabbed I'd currently be off work with Covid instead of working from home feeling as fresh as a daisy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
Mayaman
September 27, 2021, 1:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Yossarian
Seems like a perfectly reasonable rant to me.  

Players have the right to not get the jab, but if they want to be a Pro / semi-pro (?) footballer they also have responsibilites to the club that employs them and the people they work with.

It is not exactly an office job where you can work remotely if you get covid.

Plenty of last year's players seemed to work remotely.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 27, 2021, 1:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,887
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Yossarian
Seems like a perfectly reasonable rant to me.

It is not exactly an office job where you can work remotely if you get covid.

Try telling morais that. He’s training in isolation

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
Kris2
September 27, 2021, 1:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136

I'll raise you Ashley Sestanovich.

I'd honestly forgot about him, wasn't he involved in a bank robbery or something after he left us?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
cardiffmariner
September 27, 2021, 1:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Bigdog

If you follow the scientific theory correctly, you're more likely to pass the virus on as you're also more likely to be asymptomatic being double vaxxed. But we have to have someone to blame other than China or even Fauci and his cohorts who actually funded the research in Wuhan. The world is becoming a dangerous place and the powers that be are trying to divide the ordinary people by whatever means they can. Black or white, vaxxed or unvaxxed, masked or unmasked, trans or anti-trans, knee or not taking the knee, election fraud or non election fraud..CRT etc etc etc they're not going to stop anytime soon.. I'm aghast at what's happened over the past couple of years.. Covid has bred insanity and clouded thinking driven by misinformation..

Do you think? I’d say it’s the loudest voices on social media (many of whom are ‘ordinary’ people) who are keen to behave in an intolerant and divisive way just as much as much as the powers that be. Interestingly, you yourself have just presented your own them and us scenario.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
Bigdog
September 27, 2021, 1:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mariner93er

It clearly does reduce transmission. The current 7-day average is less than half of what it was during the second wave when jabs were just starting. That was also a period when we were in lockdown too, compared to now when we have full football stadiums, people in nightclubs etc. If it didn’t reduce transmission, the rates would be reaching peak levels.

It probably does to a certain degree, there’s also evidence to contradict, but there’s not enough data yet. You can’t compare summer to winter accurately, lockdown to no lockdown, and if it was so great at reducing transmission why are the infection rates comparable to this time last year? If you feel confidence in everything you read in the MSM, that’s fine..if you trust everything the current governments in the West tell you, great. If the vaccine makes you feel secure then I’m happy for you. Trust the science. That word means nothing nowadays due to it being used for propaganda..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
RichMariner
September 27, 2021, 2:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,142
Gold Stars: 209
No one ever claimed the double jab gives you 100% immunity so yes, you can be double-jabbed and still get covid.

But surely families, communities, towns and the whole country is safer and better protected for at least having the double jab?

Surely this world would be in a worse place if the double jab didn’t exist?

Just because people still contract covid despite being double jabbed, it’s not a good enough reason for me to be an anti-vaxer.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Woking Boss Rant

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.