Fillipe Noche
September 21, 2021, 12:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Funny that because when I've spoken to them in the past they've always wanted a closer relationship with Grimsby.

But if insisting on half of the gate receipts because you need to pay player insurance counts as "looked after them in the past" I suppose they were. The gate money from those games goes a long way for a club like Cleethorpes and the biggest benefit to ourselves is that it gets some vital minutes into our players. If that means we have to pay to play the game, so be it in my eyes.

I’m not sure who at Clee has told you that previously sharing gate receipts was anything to do with player insurance? But I can assure you that has never been the reason.

The club has an annual insurance policy for players that covers them for all fixtures (league/cup/friendlies) and for training. For both home games and away games.

It doesn’t cover medical treatment for any serious or long term injuries, which is something that the club has historically had to look after. There have been occasions where the owner of the club has actually paid personally for serious medical treatment for injuries. Such as the treatment the owner paid out of his own pocket for Josh Gowling

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 53
Hagrid
September 21, 2021, 12:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,478
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I’m not sure who at Clee has told you that previously sharing gate receipts was anything to do with player insurance? But I can assure you that has never been the reason.

The club has an annual insurance policy for players that covers them for all fixtures (league/cup/friendlies) and for training. For both home games and away games.

It doesn’t cover medical treatment for any serious or long term injuries, which is something that the club has historically had to look after. There have been occasions where the owner of the club has actually paid personally for serious medical treatment for injuries. Such as the treatment the owner paid out of his own pocket for Josh Gowling

that the reason he wouldnt stretch to a 2 year contract for Podge, or 50 quid more a week for Nathan Arnold, the list goes on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 53
diehardmariner
September 21, 2021, 2:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,651
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

My problem has been the specific things I’ve seen in terms of some people at Clee Town. In respect of them being smiley smiley about GTFC when it suits them, because they are benefitting from something, like a pre season game or a loan player. But then on the other hand they’ve been heard to openly berate and slag GTFC off on occasions, forgetting that there’s big benefits to their club in having a close relationship with us. There’s just no need for that, and over the years, in respect of those individuals, it’s left me quite resentful of how we have looked after them on occasions.

So replace Clee Town with 'Grimsby Town 2004-2021' and GTFC with 'Grimsby Town fans 2004-2021'...then do you see the absolute irony of what you've said?

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 53
KingstonMariner
September 21, 2021, 2:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Knowing what Felipe and his mates and masters were like, you can well understand people at CTFC not being charitable about Grimsby Town.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cleethorpes in the Cup

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.