TAGG
September 18, 2021, 6:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
They can't be all classic games.
We were very patient, defended very well when needed, some real good football when we could.
Fox was my MOM and deserved his goal.
Great atmos, Clean sheet, three points, can't ask for more.
Well done to all the lads UTM  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 48
marinette
September 18, 2021, 6:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Thought the first half was crying out for a goal but everyone (including the fans) was patient and it was a great one when it came.

Sousa was my MoM at first; thought he had a brilliant game and was onto everything.  But when McAtee came on, it seemed like the whole place came alive, everybody woke up and started going for it full throttle.  McAtee's such an exciting player to watch.  Still going for Sousa as MoM though, as he looked as if he was going to do something special just about every time he got the ball and he stood out for me when things were a bit quieter in the first half.    Fantastic team performance by all yet again, and if there were any weaker links, they were well covered by the rest of the team, especially towards the end.

Can't believe how well the team have done so far - beyond my wildest expectations, and it really makes up for the misery that was last season.  Enjoying being back at BP so much.

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 48
chaos33
September 18, 2021, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 48
AndyGTFC
September 18, 2021, 6:28pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Another win to continue a fantastic start. Wasn't the prettiest first half but never really felt threatened and we obviously scored at a great time just before the break.  

Looked a different team when McAtee came on. Him, Sousa and Taylor are top options to have at the top end of the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 48
PB
September 18, 2021, 6:45pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +256
Gold Stars: 3
A very different opposition and game from Tuesday, but a great effort and result. I need to mention Towler who was brilliant and my Mom. He quietly and efficiently just gets on with it, and I don’t think he put a foot (or head) wrong this afternoon.
One other point is that the right flank combination of Efete and Sousa was way to good for them, and the they had no answer other than to foul one or the other. Crookes and Bapaga Down the left is obviously work in progress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 48
IlkleyMariner
September 18, 2021, 6:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
I think I’ve died and woken up in heaven!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 48
jamesgtfc
September 18, 2021, 6:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
We all knew it was going to be a different game to Tuesday but it felt very flat most of the first half. They weren't closing us down and without McAtee, we weren't doing much of it either.

Great goal from Efete when all the attention was on what Waterfall can do from the corner. Teams are going to hate conceding corners to us before long.

Bapaga seemed to fall to pieces whenever he got near the box but I'm confident he will be a totally different player by May. On the other wing, they were absolutely petrified of Sousa who had yet another good game.

Once McAtee came on, it lifted the crowd and his energy made our players step up a gear too. Great finish from Fox for the goal too.

We weren't really troubled and on we march. What a start we've made.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 48
moosey_club
September 18, 2021, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Slower start today, the lack of Mcatee and change of midfield playing its part I think.
Huffed and puffed early doors but started to get going towards the end of the first half, great to get the goal at that time,another thumping header meeting that Hunt delivery.

Second half pretty much bossed it, no real worries from what Eastleigh could offer but when Mcatee came on we upped the pressure, intensity and Eastleigh couldnt cope.

Lovely second goal.

Completely untroubled victory in reality.

Mom Efete for me.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 48
Fillipe Noche
September 18, 2021, 7:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
What another super day at Blundell Park

Awesome result, enjoyed me hot dog, and the atmosphere was brill again.

Also, lovely to see John Fenty back at Blundell Park enjoying the occasion with his lovely family. And nice to see Justin Whittle too.

Keep up the great work fans. This Town Knows
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 48
jamesgtfc
September 18, 2021, 7:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
What another super day at Blundell Park

Awesome result, enjoyed me hot dog, and the atmosphere was brill again.

Also, lovely to see John Fenty back at Blundell Park enjoying the occasion with his lovely family. And nice to see Justin Whittle too.

Keep up the great work fans. This Town Knows

Great to see Whitts about the place I agree.

As for your mate, I hope he feels sick looking at what he could have had if he didn't spend 18 years devaluing the product.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.