26 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
June 28, 2021, 1:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I’m trying to think how unravelling clues about new signings will change my life. If a player gets signed, he won’t be any better for me guessing it a few days early. I won’t be any happier with the knowledge (apart from the couple of days before said signing, if it’s anyone I’ve heard of and is really good).

So what’s the point? Is it about the ego of the person who posts the rumour by any chance?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 255
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 28, 2021, 2:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,306
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I’m trying to think how unravelling clues about new signings will change my life. If a player gets signed, he won’t be any better for me guessing it a few days early. I won’t be any happier with the knowledge (apart from the couple of days before said signing, if it’s anyone I’ve heard of and is really good).

So what’s the point? Is it about the ego of the person who posts the rumour by any chance?

This is the internet.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 255
forza ivano
June 28, 2021, 2:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,246
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Anybody want some news? Or is my info doubted so much that it’s not worth sharing as nobody believes me?

Maybe I will just leave it hey, and let you all have a bit of fun amongst yourselves at the clues I left you last week in this thread. Might as well, as in any event there will be non-believers who will just put my clues down to something predictable or as something that someone suggested in rumour before me 😂😂

Have a great week everyone and I hope you are thrilled by this weeks big announcement and an England win tomorrow night.

as several of us said last week Filipe, give us a solid clue ,rather than the amorphous stuff you gave us the other week. your stuff about megs just didn't wash
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 255
June 28, 2021, 3:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Anybody want some news? Or is my info doubted so much that it’s not worth sharing as nobody believes me?

Maybe I will just leave it hey, and let you all have a bit of fun amongst yourselves at the clues I left you last week in this thread. Might as well, as in any event there will be non-believers who will just put my clues down to something predictable or as something that someone suggested in rumour before me 😂😂

Have a great week everyone and I hope you are thrilled by this weeks big announcement and an England win tomorrow night.

Yes please Felipe, share the news?
Reply: 243 - 255
Superdan147
June 28, 2021, 3:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Yes please Filipe share the news
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 255
jamesgtfc
June 28, 2021, 3:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,015
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'm sure the powers that be aren't too keen on rumours being leaked either. I see that twit who runs 0fficial GTFC on Twitter has leaked what we assume to be our new kit.

Someone saying who we are about to sign could alert our rivals that a certain player is willing to play at this level and just like that, their need for attention has strengthened a rival.

Eventually, someone will feed a lie to someone like this, it will get out and the rumour spreader will be left with egg on their face and no source of future information.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 255
Poojah
June 28, 2021, 3:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,637
Gold Stars: 1,504
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I'm sure the powers that be aren't too keen on rumours being leaked either. I see that twit who runs 0fficial GTFC on Twitter has leaked what we assume to be our new kit.

If it’s any consolation it looks like it’s been photographed underwater using a Nokia 7650.

P.S. I wouldn’t have looked if you hadn’t mentioned it.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 255
Jarmo.Is.God
June 28, 2021, 4:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Poojah

If it’s any consolation it looks like it’s been photographed underwater using a Nokia 7650.

Arghhh, so James is now part of the problem, and fueling the rumours!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 255
June 28, 2021, 4:33pm
Guest User
I was really hoping for Kabongo Tshimanga to be our next signing but, as expected, it looks like he might be going higher up with Bolton Wanderers potentially.
Reply: 248 - 255
Mighty_Mariner
June 28, 2021, 4:35pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,239
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Poojah

Who posted the photo mate? Can’t seem to find anything on Twitter.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 255
26 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pen, Paper, Let’s Go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.