Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pen, Paper, Let’s Go
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 241 Guests

Pen, Paper, Let’s Go

This thread currently has 38,011 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
June 22, 2021, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,972
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Pal, I'll ask politely, can you and DB please kiss and make up, the constant battling between the 2 of you is now starting to get a bit tiresome and taking up more threads than a fashionista...

Can't agree with you more. I keep giving him olive branches to be returned with insults,

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 255
ska face
June 22, 2021, 10:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,558
Gold Stars: 839
Give it a rest. Boring now.
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 255
Fillipe Noche
June 22, 2021, 10:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from ska face

Couldn’t agree more. Really not sure what his problem is. Doing me best to answer him politely. Perhaps I’ll just ignore all of his comments in future, then there’s no risk of giving him anymore rubber bullets

Oh well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 255
DB
June 22, 2021, 10:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,972
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ska face

I agree and over 7 mins ago, from when I started to type, I referred to a second olive branch for FN to work with, which he has ignored again.

So I will put it this way I do not post first to make personnel comments about anybody. However, if somebody wishes to make any personnel comments about me I will and always will reply. As much as it is fundamental to pass an opinion on this site it is also a right to defend oneself, which is there for all of us. What does annoy me is when people like FN use words like politeness to overshadow their ignorance of wanting to accept an olive branch.

It takes two to shake hands and bury a difference but as my hand has been outstretched twice and ignored then my options are limited.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 255
RonMariner
June 23, 2021, 8:35am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I can oblige you with that my friend. A poor attempt at being funny I suppose with a pun.

I’d seen people posting about Owen Windsor and Windsor is obviously the Royal family name. I knew it wasn’t him signing hence why I said it’s not football royalty.

So I then thought what could I use that connects royalty with the first signing Erico Sousa. Well Megan is royalty and if you look at this guys showreel, he is tricky and does nutmegs for fun. Hence I threw the mention of Megs in there.

He looks like a great prospect doesn’t he and I’m sure he will be one to get us off our feet. Fingers crossed

Good news for anyone who believes this tripe. There is a corrupt Nigerian civil servant who wants to send you $10,000,000. You just have to send him your bank details.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 255
BottesfordMariner
June 23, 2021, 9:04am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Well I am pleased the club are moving swiftly to get new players in. Shows some planning (clearly lacking last summer) and makes a refreshing change. We usually go into pre-season with barely enough to make up a starting XI. By my reckoning we must have about 25 players already signed. Still a few areas to address so I am sure we can expect a few more. How many may depend on which of the already contracted players from last year leave.

Hurst has been quite clear there are one or two who dont figure to be in his plans who he has told so and he would like to see leave. Scannell ? Gibson ?? Rose ?? Williams ?? Morais ??

The one thing I am a bit concerned about is where the goals are going to come from. Historically to get out of this league you need a reliable 20 goals + striker. In the past weve had players like Connell, Hearn, Bogle, Amond....

I dont see a proven goalscorer in our squad yet.
Ryan Taylor is a good intelligent player but only 50 goals in over 320 appearances and hasnt hit double figures in a season in 10 years.

John McAtee. Again has qualities but only 14 goals in over 100 appearances and only 4 in 42 for Scunny last season.

The Shop. I like him as a player as well. But will he get you more than say a dozen goals.?He hasnt hit double figures since 2015.

Admittedly all have plenty of experience of higher level football.

Jackson has scored 20+ but that was Isthmian League and Gibson's goals have been even lower down. Neither are proven at even this level.

It's been an encouraging off season so far. Address a couple more needs like a GK to challenge Macca, a recognised LB, a number 10 type and get in someone who knows how to put the ball in the net and we may have a chance.

UTMM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 255
Jarmo.Is.God
June 23, 2021, 10:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
Well I am pleased the club are moving swiftly to get new players in. Shows some planning (clearly lacking last summer) and makes a refreshing change. We usually go into pre-season with barely enough to make up a starting XI. By my reckoning we must have about 25 players already signed. Still a few areas to address so I am sure we can expect a few more. How many may depend on which of the already contracted players from last year leave.

Hurst has been quite clear there are one or two who dont figure to be in his plans who he has told so and he would like to see leave. Scannell ? Gibson ?? Rose ?? Williams ?? Morais ??

The one thing I am a bit concerned about is where the goals are going to come from. Historically to get out of this league you need a reliable 20 goals + striker. In the past weve had players like Connell, Hearn, Bogle, Amond....

I dont see a proven goalscorer in our squad yet.
Ryan Taylor is a good intelligent player but only 50 goals in over 320 appearances and hasnt hit double figures in a season in 10 years.

John McAtee. Again has qualities but only 14 goals in over 100 appearances and only 4 in 42 for Scunny last season.

The Shop. I like him as a player as well. But will he get you more than say a dozen goals.?He hasnt hit double figures since 2015.

Admittedly all have plenty of experience of higher level football.

Jackson has scored 20+ but that was Isthmian League and Gibson's goals have been even lower down. Neither are proven at even this level.

It's been an encouraging off season so far. Address a couple more needs like a GK to challenge Macca, a recognised LB, a number 10 type and get in someone who knows how to put the ball in the net and we may have a chance.

UTMM

I would rather 5 players scoring 10+, than 1 player getting 20+

Very early stages, but can see goals already in this team.

To me, it looks like Hurst see the problem in creating and scoring last season, and has made great strides to change it already

Now wondering if Hurst will maybe play a 5-3-2 /3-5-2 formation with attacking wing backs?

Efetee reviews are very much of that he's an attacked full back, so wondering if He's thinking along that route?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 255
KingstonMariner
June 23, 2021, 1:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I would rather 5 players scoring 10+, than 1 player getting 20+

Very early stages, but can see goals already in this team.

To me, it looks like Hurst see the problem in creating and scoring last season, and has made great strides to change it already

Now wondering if Hurst will maybe play a 5-3-2 /3-5-2 formation with attacking wing backs?

Efetee reviews are very much of that he's an attacked full back, so wondering if He's thinking along that route?

I think the last time we hit anything like 5 players getting 10 goals was in Buckley’s days. And it’s never a choice between one guy getting the goals or a bunch of others getting double figures.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 255
Mariner_09
June 23, 2021, 2:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Ideally you'd want someone getting 25-30 goals, another striker getting 12-15, a winger getting 10 (Donavon) and a midfielder getting 10(Dis or Grovesy)

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 255
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 23, 2021, 3:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,193
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from Mariner_09
Ideally you'd want someone getting 25-30 goals, another striker getting 12-15, a winger getting 10 (Donavon) and a midfielder getting 10(Dis or Grovesy)

Ideally I'd be getting a BJ from Kylie 3 times a week, there'd be a Porsche in the garage and I'd spend every 3rd week on my private island.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 255
26 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pen, Paper, Let’s Go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.