WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 7, 2021, 6:45pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +785
Gold Stars: 113
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co......-for-the-new-season/

Had JS previously mentioned, specifically, that there would be a 20% discount for 20/21 season ticket holders.

I recall him saying there would be a discount but I don't recall him saying 20%.

Have I missed that?
Logged Online
Private Message
Southwark Mariner
June 7, 2021, 6:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81

I recall him saying there would be a discount but I don't recall him saying 20%.

Have I missed that?

Yeah, he mentioned it a couple of weeks ago

"Stockwood has indicated there will be a 20 per cent discount for previous season ticket holders"
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....ets-discount-5444196
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
moosey_club
June 7, 2021, 7:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Seem to think the club had previously made a pledge to anyone who didnt renew an existing ST last season, based on the uncertainty of Covid and no refunds if the doors didnt open , that their old seat would be held back for first refusal this season. .?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
aldi_01
June 7, 2021, 7:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from moosey_club
Seem to think the club had previously made a pledge to anyone who didnt renew an existing ST last season, based on the uncertainty of Covid and no refunds if the doors didnt open , that their old seat would be held back for first refusal this season. .?

Not sure if this was mentioned but as an idiot that purchased one last year I don’t have an issue with this...hardly like we’ve got thousands upon thousands of ST holders...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
moosey_club
June 7, 2021, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from aldi_01

Not sure if this was mentioned but as an idiot that purchased one last year I don’t have an issue with this...hardly like we’ve got thousands upon thousands of ST holders...

You are not an idiot that purchased one at all, you sir are a rich idiot that purchased one   legend for doing so.👏

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
quebec38
June 7, 2021, 8:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,549
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from moosey_club

This was definitely the case and I imagine it will still stand as packs have been sent out to holders from the 19/20 season also. I have definitely heard JS say past two seasons at least once.

Hopefully with us in the next couple of days because I’m sure they’re due to go on sale next Monday?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
Tinymariner
June 8, 2021, 9:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
JS stated that it was 20% for ST holders for last season and 10% for ST holders for 19/20 too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
diehardmariner
June 8, 2021, 10:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
As another idiot who got a season ticket last year, 20% is a very generous offer from the club - one that I'm very grateful for too.

I can't remember the exact cost of a season ticket, but lets say it's £350 for an adult.

20% renewal discount (which I'll take)is £70 off it to take it to £280.

Last year I got 23 games through iFollow as part of the season ticket as I was unable to attend any games in person, that would have come at a cost of £230 (£10 per game), it's not unreasonable to think I'd have purchased the majority, if not all, of those games (bar maybe the ones around Xmas when hostilities threatened to rise against Fenty to not giving a penny more, either way it's beyond the point).

£280-£230 = £50.

£50 I 'lost' last year by buying a ticket I couldn't use.  In those terms, it doesn't feel as bad really.  Of course I signed up knowing the risk but it's a nice touch that 1878 are recognising the gamble.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
oochiad
June 8, 2021, 10:21am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
I’ll be buying again!! I love this club!! I can feel it, we’re going places now! UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
aldi_01
June 8, 2021, 10:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from diehardmariner
As another idiot who got a season ticket last year, 20% is a very generous offer from the club - one that I'm very grateful for too.

I can't remember the exact cost of a season ticket, but lets say it's £350 for an adult.

20% renewal discount (which I'll take)is £70 off it to take it to £280.

Last year I got 23 games through iFollow as part of the season ticket as I was unable to attend any games in person, that would have come at a cost of £230 (£10 per game), it's not unreasonable to think I'd have purchased the majority, if not all, of those games (bar maybe the ones around Xmas when hostilities threatened to rise against Fenty to not giving a penny more, either way it's beyond the point).

£280-£230 = £50.

£50 I 'lost' last year by buying a ticket I couldn't use.  In those terms, it doesn't feel as bad really.  Of course I signed up knowing the risk but it's a nice touch that 1878 are recognising the gamble.

This was and is still my thinking...naturally I bought all the away games, I’d have gone to these anyway so the cost is a different factor.

As for home games, like you I was essentially 50quid out of pocket...I knew what I was signing up for but to offer a 20% discount is generous and is likely to see me and the old man sling that saved cash in to the club shop which I’m assuming is being revamped etc...

I’m also impressed to see they’ve honoured ST from the previous season and offer a discount...

And the bonus is nobody sat in my seat next year so those wear marks and ridges where my fat bottom has been remain intact...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket info

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.