This thread currently has 6,162 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
October 14, 2023, 8:03pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,660
Gold Stars: 179
There are absolutely no winners in this conflict. The civilians lose on both sides. Hamas obviously look like girl privates, but Israel responding with war crimes makes them look even worse. The Americans and us to a lesser extent throwing weight around angers the Iranians which in turn angers the Russians (who have come out with some very contradictory stuff).

All in all it’s another battle in a World War which has been raging for about 18 months in all but name. The Armenia/Azeri thing is bubbling away in the background and will boil over very shortly. Every despot and major power is feeling emboldened at the minute and unless there is a serious set of talks between all sides eventually it’ll affect Europe in a major way.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 136
grimsby pete
October 14, 2023, 11:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,858
Gold Stars: 223
Well if you believe what the science people think we could be all in a computer game.

Nothing is real and if we blow yourself up we will be reassigned to another body elsewhere.

What a load of tosh !!!!!!!

Do they mean we have gone through life suffering pain and loss of love ones only to start again in another game.

Nothing to do with what's going on in the middle East but everything is programmed and the end has already been decided because according to them the past / present and future all happen at the same time.

Beam me up Scotty !!!!!!!

I give up  

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 136
Maringer
October 14, 2023, 11:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,782
Gold Stars: 189
Not quite right, Pete.

Some have a philosophical view that the universe as we perceive it, could be a simulation, which isn't the same as a game. We could all be part of a massive, indescribably complex computer program so what we experience is actually programmed and not real. One of us just thinking about it would just be part of the program. Not the same as a game, though.

Sounds like a load of tosh to me but it's not absolutely impossible. An infinitessimal chance of it being the 'truth'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 136
Maringer
October 14, 2023, 11:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,782
Gold Stars: 189
Needless to say, the appalling terrorist acts carried out by Hamas are now being followed up by appalling terrorist acts which will be carried out by the IDF.

I thought this was a good article which shows the way the world currently is (and how it probably always has been):

https://www.theguardian.com/co.....he-price-israel-gaza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 136
Humbercod
October 15, 2023, 12:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,506
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from chaos33
Right. There we go. Finally spat out your ignorance and racism. What an absolutely deplorable position, seriously flawed, just like usual. You’re not even an Israeli citizen. All of those innocent civilians can burn. You only care about Israel’s children, not all children caught up in this. Humanity has gradations and f*ck those who aren’t on your list.  That’s your stance. Once again, you show yourself to be a bigoted utter moron.

Typical lefty sharp object that predictably defaults to accusations of racism!
All in order to try ‘pathetically’ to take the moral high ground. You are one sad little lefty.

Correct I’m not an Israeli citizen (the only thing you have correct) I was just trying to offer perspective from the Israeli position to help you understand, but you’re too stupid!

It kills me to see what’s happening to the innocent civilians, and of course especially the children on both sides, despite what you try and twist… you’re absolute scum!

But I will try and help you understand in layman’s terms one more time, so hopefully I can penetrate that thick skull as to why the Palestinian civilians will be killed-

Hamas hide behind civilians, Hamas hide their weapons in civilian areas, and Hamas put their command and control centre’s in hospitals and schools!!!

Gaza MUST be flattened In order to wipe Hamas out, just like in Germany in WWII when the allies had to flatten cities.

I notice you still not offered alternatives??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 136
Limerick Mariner
October 15, 2023, 1:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,809
Gold Stars: 141
Quoted from LH
There are absolutely no winners in this conflict. The civilians lose on both sides. Hamas obviously look like girl privates, but Israel responding with war crimes makes them look even worse. The Americans and us to a lesser extent throwing weight around angers the Iranians which in turn angers the Russians (who have come out with some very contradictory stuff).

All in all it’s another battle in a World War which has been raging for about 18 months in all but name. The Armenia/Azeri thing is bubbling away in the background and will boil over very shortly. Every despot and major power is feeling emboldened at the minute and unless there is a serious set of talks between all sides eventually it’ll affect Europe in a major way.

I think the Iranian regime is a winner…nice distraction from their brutal suppression of women’s rights. And a nice distraction of the world away from Ukraine as well. Iran and Russia hmm…and where did Hamas get the rockets and guns from?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 136
mariner91
October 15, 2023, 4:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,921
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I’ve been watching the news since the war started and I’ve never felt more saddened at what I’ve seen this last week,  seeing them poor children (both Palestinian and Israeli children) being carried in body bags. No matter what peoples opinions are on who’s to blame etc it’s absolutely heartbreaking.

Precisely. Anyone that holds an opinion different to this is a monster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 136
grimsby pete
October 15, 2023, 4:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,858
Gold Stars: 223
Quoted from Maringer
Not quite right, Pete.

Some have a philosophical view that the universe as we perceive it, could be a simulation, which isn't the same as a game. We could all be part of a massive, indescribably complex computer program so what we experience is actually programmed and not real. One of us just thinking about it would just be part of the program. Not the same as a game, though.

Sounds like a load of tosh to me but it's not absolutely impossible. An infinitessimal chance of it being the 'truth'.

I did say what a load of tosh mate.

But

Some of the scientist said we could be in a game , either way I can not take that in . It's got to be a long programme the solar system is 13.9 billion years old.  

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 136
chaos33
October 15, 2023, 4:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,985
Gold Stars: 365
Quoted from mariner91

Precisely. Anyone that holds an opinion different to this is a monster.

Exactly. Humbercod thinks differently though. Flatten the Gaza Strip. It’s the only way. All the innocent deaths would be Hamas’ fault and that’s that. Not a racist though. Israeli children count but Palestinian children are expendable. It’s like us bombing the Nazis.Muslims are to blame. Ask them to sort it. Definitely not racist and thick as f**k though. No way. Absolutely not. Anyone - especially me - who makes a case against that bigoted, conspiracy minded bogus victim stance is a ‘lefty  sharp object’, or some such cobblers. Fathom that!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 136
ska face
October 15, 2023, 5:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,969
Gold Stars: 857
Quoted from LH
There are absolutely no winners in this conflict.

I’m sure Netanyahu’s far right govt & millions of Israeli settlers would see the forced displacement and genocide of millions of Palestinians as a win.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 136
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Israeli-Palestinian conflict

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.