5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
May 10, 2021, 4:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,606
Gold Stars: 538
It's pretty pointless trying to guess Hurst's transfer dealings isn't it?

I'd like to think we'll be looking to rekindle that mentioned model of getting talent from non-league and developing them, rather than just getting journeymen on their way down.  Hurst also likes to find a rough diamond wallowing away in the reserves somewhere too, Jon Nolan?  I suppose you could add Menayese to that list this season too.

Have to say I agree with sam gy about Jackson.  I'm not convinced Hurst is all that sold on him.   Of course there's a degree of professionalism in the two dead rubbers (for us) that we played but I'd have thought Hurst would have given him more of a run out if he was in his plans beyond this season.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
toontown
May 10, 2021, 4:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from sam gy
I think people could be getting a little too optimistic about Jackson Jr...If Hurst was of the opinion that he's good enough to fire us to promotion from the NL, then he would've given him more game time in our LG2 scrap.

He's scored a few tap ins (which is a quality in itself, of course), but his all round play has flattered to deceive, especially when he's started.

Aside from being good goal scorers, Bogle and Amond were/are bloody good players too.

Trying not to be too negative, i sincerely hope he comes good, but as yet i'm not convinced, going from what i've seen so far. But would love to be proved wrong, and i love his attitude!

Agreed- I think he has a chance but on the balance of probabilities will be moved on, either on loan or payoff. Hurst clearly doesn't rate him highly as he scarcely played him.

Likewise the people saying Lamy would be good at NL - he hasn't done anything and can't even force himself into this really really poor side. If Hurst rated him he would have played him more. He will surely be leaving too.

Gibson rose Williams obviously too, Hurst left the bench empty rather than include them!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
forza ivano
May 10, 2021, 4:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
i always think that Jackson is a slightly superior form of Akheem rose (hope he proves me wrong!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
acko338
May 10, 2021, 5:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
I hope that League 1 reserves and Under 23 squads will be the target area for loanees for next season, and that Paul Hurst will have been talking already to agents snd players on his A1 hit list.

Clearout day tomorrow, so I expect the Forum will go wild with differing opinions.

I can't see any new signings until the end of the National League.

Hurst will want a solid back 5 and has a good eye in that respect. The fans want to see some guts and skill further up the field and this will be the hardest task.

Other team release lists will be interesting in the next few days and weeks.

We all await neck hair tingling and growing times !!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
fishboyUTM
May 10, 2021, 8:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Great stats to be fair. I do think centre forwards should be judged on goals, I know there are target men and hard working players like LJL but primarily their job is to put the ball in the net and he certainly does that at NL level.

I think financially, he won't be beyond us, he's a good age. But aside from a brief spell at Boston (practically Cockney's), he seems to be southern based. Aside from getting him to sign up north where we have gravy on our chips (quite rightly), there's the issues with players not settling. Loads of examples of this.

We certainly need someone with numbers like his though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
KingstonMariner
May 10, 2021, 10:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I’m not having that. Gravy on chips. That’s not all the North. Just those mop-headed Wallaces. Mushy peas for the grown ups or tomato sauce for the kids.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kabongo Tshimanga

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.