3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
The Yard Dog
May 6, 2021, 1:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Over the last few hours, the plan for our club has been outlined by the owners.
We have had time to digest their statement or have listened to various interviews, podcasts etc.

The new owners have outlined their plan for the future of our club going forward, blowed away.

The owners are prepared to suffer loses in the first few years, to enabled PH and his team, the best possible chance of success. Also see that investment in youth set-up and training facilties is as important. The need to enage with the supporters and want to change the culture of the club.

I have a different feeling today, to when Holloway was appointed,  I thought we might have a chance of improvement on the field with Holloway, I was so wrong and felt conned.

This is a breath of fresh air, change in the how the WHOLE club operates

We have seen what can be achieved, just look down the A46.  A team in the National league, struggling, small hardcore of fans, poor training facilities, now on the verge of the Championship.  In 2013 they average attendance was 2182, in 2019/20 average 8,986.

I have heard, seen, fans stating while JSF is still at the club, they will not return to BP, well after yesterdays announcements, who can not feel positive.

So over to you stay away fans, now is the time to return, lets show the new owners they are right to invest in GTFC.

The only operation needed is to pack out BP for every home game.

UTM

Mariners Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
May 6, 2021, 1:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
I almost can’t believe we’ve been taken over by two guys who love the club talk sense, appear to be loaded, have loads of contacts and clearly aren’t in it to make money .. just WOW .. I haven’t had a season ticket in the fenty years ever , I’m considering a couple this year and I won’t be able to get to 50% of games
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
Meza
May 6, 2021, 1:18pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
The only thing I wish doesn't happen is the moaning has to stop at BP.  We need to make BP like the fortress it use to be.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 6, 2021, 1:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
I can see ST’s being in excess of 3500. Maybe even 4000+.

There’s such a good feeling about this and I’m over 400 miles away so god knows what it’s like around meggies and town. It’s obvious that the new owners will do the right thing not just for the club, but for the community too. Let’s hope there is also a new found friendship between the club and the media too.

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
Tangerine Chris
May 6, 2021, 2:02pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Actions speak louder than words.  Heard all this type of bull when Runaway came, investing own money, blah blah blah, players knocking on the door blah blah blah.  I will be a believer when things actually happen

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
pen penfras
May 6, 2021, 2:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

There’s such a good feeling about this and I’m over 400 miles away so god knows what it’s like around meggies and town. It’s obvious that the new owners will do the right thing not just for the club, but for the community too. Let’s hope there is also a new found friendship between the club and the media too.

You're living in dream land. If we sell 3000 I'll be surprised. The euphoria will soon fade, before season tickets are on sale, and it will miss out some of the people feeling the impulse based on momentum. Covid is still a huge spanner in the works. People will have to consider whether they'll be furloughed again come winter and spending a lot of money on a frivolous item is justified when they might not be able to even go to many matches. Plus there aren't a thousand people that were only staying away because of Fenty, if we are tearing it up then gates will be high. If we're not then any new attendees will soon get bored and go back to alternative Saturday afternoon activities.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
May 6, 2021, 2:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
Actions speak louder than words.  Heard all this type of bull when Runaway came, investing own money, blah blah blah, players knocking on the door blah blah blah.  I will be a believer when things actually happen

FFS!

Reply: 6 - 29
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 6, 2021, 3:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from pen penfras

You're living in dream land. If we sell 3000 I'll be surprised. The euphoria will soon fade, before season tickets are on sale, and it will miss out some of the people feeling the impulse based on momentum. Covid is still a huge spanner in the works. People will have to consider whether they'll be furloughed again come winter and spending a lot of money on a frivolous item is justified when they might not be able to even go to many matches. Plus there aren't a thousand people that were only staying away because of Fenty, if we are tearing it up then gates will be high. If we're not then any new attendees will soon get bored and go back to alternative Saturday afternoon activities.

Who said the season tickets are going to be hundreds of ££? The new owners have already stated it is their intention to get people into the ground week in week out and tbh, I think season ticket prices will be very reasonable. Well, a lot more affordable than mein führer (aka your best mate) would’ve had them at. How do you know how many people have stayed away because of JF? I would say it could be pushing at least a few hundred if not more.

Yes, of course COVID will play its part should it still be around, and let’s hope that football and normal life, can get back to normality ASAP. Without fans, football isn’t right.

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
The Yard Dog
May 6, 2021, 3:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Just bumped into Mr Grimsby Town (Mr Graham) saw me walking towards him, he started singing and had a big smile.
Just made me feel good side, seeing Mr Graham happy, made my day.

I guess how a lot of us feel at the moment, after the events on the pitch this season, yes nothing achieved, yes we have been conned before, but this is different, totally different.

Lets embrace the new owners and their vision for the future.

I see a break in the dark clouds over BP and a ray of sunshine is shinning down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
FishOutOfWater
May 6, 2021, 4:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm not suggesting that every single person who said they would never return to BP until Fenty left the building will get a season ticket now that it's finally happened but let's suppose only a quarter of them do....that could mean about 5K returners at least buying them    
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › You heard, listened, now time to act

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.