DB
May 7, 2021, 5:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,973
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Humbercod
One to many getting a bit carried away I think.

So you're up a creek without a paddle and along comes a boat with a paddle. Do you:-

A/ Say I'm alright Jack and carry on

or

B/ Jump ship and thank God that your saved

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
Humbercod
May 7, 2021, 6:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from DB

So you're up a creek without a paddle and along comes a boat with a paddle. Do you:-

A/ Say I'm alright Jack and carry on

or

B/ Jump ship and thank God that your saved

As much as I’m delighted to have change only time and not some imaginary Deity, will tell if our fortunes will change for the better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
Zmariner
May 7, 2021, 8:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Humbercod

As much as I’m delighted to have change only time and not some imaginary Deity, will tell if our fortunes will change for the better.

Difficult to imagine they could get any worse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
BeijingMariner
May 7, 2021, 8:43am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I can see ST’s being in excess of 3500. Maybe even 4000+.

There’s such a good feeling about this and I’m over 400 miles away so god knows what it’s like around meggies and town. It’s obvious that the new owners will do the right thing not just for the club, but for the community too. Let’s hope there is also a new found friendship between the club and the media too.

Seems a bit expensive, what makes you think they'll charge that much?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
Bristol Mariner
May 7, 2021, 8:59am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from pen penfras

You're living in dream land. If we sell 3000 I'll be surprised. The euphoria will soon fade, before season tickets are on sale, and it will miss out some of the people feeling the impulse based on momentum. Covid is still a huge spanner in the works. People will have to consider whether they'll be furloughed again come winter and spending a lot of money on a frivolous item is justified when they might not be able to even go to many matches. Plus there aren't a thousand people that were only staying away because of Fenty, if we are tearing it up then gates will be high. If we're not then any new attendees will soon get bored and go back to alternative Saturday afternoon activities.

I bought a Bristol rugby season ticket because of your mate Fenty. Now I’m going back to watching Town - with my lad.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 7, 2021, 10:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Youngy

Well they already have invested there own money into buying the club. How many people do we know in the past have invested £2.5 million with no expectation of return?

Such a benign comment to make

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
Limerick Mariner
May 7, 2021, 1:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,664
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

I bought a Bristol rugby season ticket because of your mate Fenty. Now I’m going back to watching Town - with my lad.
Yes your football club is for life but rugby is a good day out on the terraces, pint or hip flask in hand. I had a Leicester season ticket for years - only 14 games so I could do a few Town games as well. Another sport ruined by TV money. Games were nearly always Saturday at 3 and afterwards a live band in the bar with players mixing in and some of them performing with the band. Usually, there would be a fight on the pitch - often involving ex-Bristol prop Julian White, Martin Johnson was a bit more subtle - the odd uppercut in the ruck or maul. It's sanitised by TV cameras everywhere now and kick-off times are a lottery. They are looking at stopping relegation as well - what next a European Super League...Bristol are a good side at the moment though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
lukeo
May 8, 2021, 5:18am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,352
Gold Stars: 142
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Anything over 3k season tickets would be a good outcome. Trust membership is the alternative for exiles who cant make many home games like me. I didn't feck about - just went for life membership.

Funny isn't it, I thought about life membership then I thought actually long term it would benefit the trust more me just paying £15 every year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
DB
May 8, 2021, 6:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,973
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Humbercod

So why do people use OMG, O MY GOD? if God is, as you put it, imaginary.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
BS baffles brains
May 8, 2021, 10:16am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 1
I’ll tell the problem, from my own experience, I spent 33 years devoted to following town, when I finally gave up, you find other things to do, then you cannot be bothered to make the effort.  Also Personally I always liked midweek matches, there have been many an evening I’ve thought I may pop to the match tonight, but given up at the thought of parking a mile away, and on the occasions I have got there, do I really want to watch players the standard of the “Shop”. No, and unfortunately this will be the attitude of many.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › You heard, listened, now time to act

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.