3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
May 6, 2021, 5:53am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,705
Gold Stars: 96
Maybe he’s talking about supporters like me who are now enabled to get their credit card out and steam onto the club shop website and go mental as opposed to had Fentynl stayed .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
aldi_01
May 6, 2021, 6:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
This is weird...we know there’s been folk who swallowed everything Fenty said and there were those who were awake to nonsense and the flipping shitshow he created.

We’ve been owners, it is a new dawn, albeit in non league but we’re town and we love them and we will be back...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
arryarryarry
May 6, 2021, 12:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 140067
Not me, not you, the enabled supporters. Let's make them a priority with the new owners, I'd pledge support  financially, give them the best area possible. Thank you.

I assume you mean disabled supporters?

We have a disabled supporters club?

The only term that may use enabling to do with individuals that I can find is to do with mental health.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
GG
May 6, 2021, 12:17pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from 140067
the enabled supporters

As a disability rights advocate for 20 years I can see why so many are confused by your term "enabled". None of the charities or organisations I've worked with over the years have referred to people with disabilities as "enabled" people.

So the PC term is to always put the focus on the person first, disability second, so "people with disabilities", not "disabled people" or "enabled people". Just the same as we don't refer to people with epilepsy as "epileptics" anymore.

That said, I completely agree with you, for too many years the facilities at BP for people with disabilities have been neglected and this should be a priority.

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 27
Sigone
May 6, 2021, 12:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
With 3 open corners it wouldn't take too much imagination and thought to be able to do something to provide a good facility for those that need it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
GG
May 6, 2021, 12:26pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Is there a facility for people with visual impairments like a loop system with a link to the Radio Humberside commentary?

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 27
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 6, 2021, 12:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GG

As a disability rights advocate for 20 years I can see why so many are confused by your term "enabled". None of the charities or organisations I've worked with over the years have referred to people with disabilities as "enabled" people.

So the PC term is to always put the focus on the person first, disability second, so "people with disabilities", not "disabled people" or "enabled people". Just the same as we don't refer to people with epilepsy as "epileptics" anymore.

That said, I completely agree with you, for too many years the facilities at BP for people with disabilities have been neglected and this should be a priority.

Quite so, on my Blue Badge and the application for it, the word is disabled or disability. In this instance it is totally illogical anyway. If people were “enabled” then they would hardly need the  special facilities that they clearly do need. It is just being clever for the sake of it.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
Gaffer58
May 6, 2021, 3:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 33
So if enabled refers to supporters with a disability, what do you call supporters with no disability?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Top supporters

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.