Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), May 5, 2021, 7:36pm
Not me, not you, the enabled supporters. Let's make them a priority with the new owners, I'd pledge support  financially, give them the best area possible. Thank you.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), May 5, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 1
What a red cross already by some moron. I'm sorry if I insulted you. That's it done and dusted. There are some good people on here, DB , Rick 12  and pp. This board is beyond belief, I really don't care about red crosses, but to do this in a post about enabled supporters is beyond belief. If you did this look at yourself. I'm so sorry, thank god some of you are kind and generous.
It's a new day a new dawn. Thank you for reading. Sorry yoda, I don't know you you're still good for a pint, Hargrid you are as well.
Posted by: supertown, May 5, 2021, 8:07pm; Reply: 2
Excuse my ignorance but what is  an enabled supporter
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), May 5, 2021, 8:21pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from supertown
Excuse my ignorance but what is  an enabled supporter

You are joking are you not. God forbid.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), May 5, 2021, 8:22pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 140067

I will not use any derogatory terms applied in the past to our fantastic enabled supporters.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 5, 2021, 8:26pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from 140067

I don’t think he is and  I’m not either. Where did this term come from?

Posted by: Son of Cod, May 5, 2021, 8:28pm; Reply: 6
They mean people with disabilities.
Posted by: Poojah, May 5, 2021, 8:32pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Son of Cod
They mean people with disabilities.

Enabilities.
Posted by: Stadium, May 5, 2021, 8:40pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from 140067
What a red cross already by some moron. I'm sorry if I insulted you. That's it done and dusted. There are some good people on here, DB , Rick 12  and pp. This board is beyond belief, I really don't care about red crosses, but to do this in a post about enabled supporters is beyond belief. If you did this look at yourself. I'm so sorry, thank god some of you are kind and generous.
It's a new day a new dawn. Thank you for reading. Sorry yoda, I don't know you you're still good for a pint, Hargrid you are as well.

Momentous day.
What time did you start on the fizz?

Posted by: 140067 (Guest), May 5, 2021, 8:49pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Stadium

Momentous day.
What time did you start on the fizz?

Sadly says it it all about this out dated unenlightened discussion board. There are good people on here. But this is beyond belief. Why do you think I'm on the fizz Mr Stadium, do you know me? What  have you against our enabled supporters, if you were a Mr stadium you must be ashamed of the facilities for our enabled supporters. I'm pleased you are happy with our facilities. Good luck Mr Stadium.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, May 5, 2021, 8:55pm; Reply: 10
Jeez you bunch of twerps - just enjoy the moment & celebrate a new dawn. xx
Posted by: jaygy, May 5, 2021, 9:06pm; Reply: 11
I've never heard of the term enabled supporter too, people are genuinely asking what this means
Posted by: supertown, May 5, 2021, 9:41pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 140067

No I’m not . More 21st century drivel terminology I guess
Posted by: GrimRob, May 5, 2021, 9:56pm; Reply: 13
It's what you think that matters not whether you are au fait with the latest terminology.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 5, 2021, 10:07pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from GrimRob
It's what you think that matters not whether you are au fait with the latest terminology.

Well said. It is our actions that define us, not whether we are up to date with the terms we have to use in case we are "cancelled."

I have not previously heard the term enabled supporter, but so what?
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), May 5, 2021, 10:12pm; Reply: 15
I’m pretty sure he means disabled supporters.
Posted by: Heisenberg, May 5, 2021, 10:13pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from jaygy
I've never heard of the term enabled supporter too, people are genuinely asking what this means

No, me either. I think he’s made it up.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 5, 2021, 10:14pm; Reply: 17
can we move on please?
Posted by: Abdul19, May 5, 2021, 10:17pm; Reply: 18
The attitudes of people in this thread are engusting.
Posted by: carrot top, May 5, 2021, 10:20pm; Reply: 19
Sigh. Why can’t everybody just have a positive outlook for a change after today’s events. BTW Enabled is a new term to me but hey
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 6, 2021, 5:53am; Reply: 20
Maybe he’s talking about supporters like me who are now enabled to get their credit card out and steam onto the club shop website and go mental as opposed to had Fentynl stayed .
Posted by: aldi_01, May 6, 2021, 6:02am; Reply: 21
This is weird...we know there’s been folk who swallowed everything Fenty said and there were those who were awake to nonsense and the flipping shitshow he created.

We’ve been owners, it is a new dawn, albeit in non league but we’re town and we love them and we will be back...
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 6, 2021, 12:06pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from 140067
Not me, not you, the enabled supporters. Let's make them a priority with the new owners, I'd pledge support  financially, give them the best area possible. Thank you.

I assume you mean disabled supporters?

We have a disabled supporters club?

The only term that may use enabling to do with individuals that I can find is to do with mental health.
Posted by: GG, May 6, 2021, 12:17pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from 140067
the enabled supporters

As a disability rights advocate for 20 years I can see why so many are confused by your term "enabled". None of the charities or organisations I've worked with over the years have referred to people with disabilities as "enabled" people.

So the PC term is to always put the focus on the person first, disability second, so "people with disabilities", not "disabled people" or "enabled people". Just the same as we don't refer to people with epilepsy as "epileptics" anymore.

That said, I completely agree with you, for too many years the facilities at BP for people with disabilities have been neglected and this should be a priority.
Posted by: Sigone, May 6, 2021, 12:23pm; Reply: 24
With 3 open corners it wouldn't take too much imagination and thought to be able to do something to provide a good facility for those that need it.
Posted by: GG, May 6, 2021, 12:26pm; Reply: 25
Is there a facility for people with visual impairments like a loop system with a link to the Radio Humberside commentary?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 6, 2021, 12:27pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from GG

As a disability rights advocate for 20 years I can see why so many are confused by your term "enabled". None of the charities or organisations I've worked with over the years have referred to people with disabilities as "enabled" people.

So the PC term is to always put the focus on the person first, disability second, so "people with disabilities", not "disabled people" or "enabled people". Just the same as we don't refer to people with epilepsy as "epileptics" anymore.

That said, I completely agree with you, for too many years the facilities at BP for people with disabilities have been neglected and this should be a priority.

Quite so, on my Blue Badge and the application for it, the word is disabled or disability. In this instance it is totally illogical anyway. If people were “enabled” then they would hardly need the  special facilities that they clearly do need. It is just being clever for the sake of it.

Posted by: Gaffer58, May 6, 2021, 3:10pm; Reply: 27
So if enabled refers to supporters with a disability, what do you call supporters with no disability?
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 4:19pm