Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC training ground location?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 327 Guests

GTFC training ground location?
Cheapside
Beggining of M180 Doncaster area
Off motorway coming in to Grimsby
Elsewhere in local area
Elsewhere
Don't care
  View Results 145 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

GTFC training ground location?

This thread currently has 7,146 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
April 16, 2021, 10:19am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197

Seeing as it has been discussed on here recently thought I'd do a poll.

Where do you think the GTFC training ground should be?

It has been suggested many times our location has been a problem attracting players.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
RonMariner
April 16, 2021, 10:22am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,668
Gold Stars: 226
Have to be realistic, not every player we want to sign will be keen to move to Grimsby. A more accessible location location for day to day training might make us a more attractive prospect to some.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
realist
April 16, 2021, 10:26am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Need an option of in Grimsby
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
promotion plaice
April 16, 2021, 10:29am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from realist
Need an option of in Grimsby

I've added elsewhere in local area  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
aldi_01
April 16, 2021, 10:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
How many clubs have their training facility within the actual town or in a really inaccessible place?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
kafunanapar140909
April 16, 2021, 10:33am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
I don't blame players for not wanting to move to Grimsby. It's got nothing to do with the area and everything to do with the amount of time players spend at any one club nowadays. If you have been given a contract for one or two years, why would you up and move your whole family when you know you'll be doing the same thing again in 12-24 months? Perhaps that's an incentive to start looking at longer contracts? Or perhaps following up those initial, shorter contracts with longer ones once we know the player is a good fit? Players who relocate to the area permanently tend to be here a long time. (And for what it's worth, I'd have a training ground off the M/A180 to make access easier yet still keep some kind of link to the area.)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
realist
April 16, 2021, 10:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
I wonder if my employer will move my workplace a bit closer to my home?

This subject is a load of tosh. Grimsby is grimsby. Not some convenient location on the A180.  All the talk is about community stadiums, team part of the community etc. Well the players have to be part of it too. Travel or move to grimsby or buggar off elsewhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
ska face
April 16, 2021, 10:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,655
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from realist

This subject is a load of tosh. Grimsby is grimsby. Not some convenient location on the A180.  All the talk is about community stadiums, team part of the community etc. Well the players have to be part of it too. Travel or move to grimsby or buggar off elsewhere

I notice we are 92nd (last place, absolute bottom) of the football league.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
kafunanapar140909
April 16, 2021, 10:43am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from realist

Does your sector work almost exclusively with short-term contracts? And have a relatively tiny pool of talent to recruit from?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
malkamalka
April 16, 2021, 11:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
The "easy access" options (A180) also allows for ease of departure. Where would players be living if they were coming across the motorway to train? What about those players who decide to move to Louth for example? They could have further to travel than someone who decides to live in Scunthorpe (?), Lincoln, Doncaster or Sheffield.

If the new owners are proposing this new era that incorporates sustainability towards the club, employees, supporters, community, etc., then surely a Community Stadium should include on site training facilities. It's not a general thing that's done, but I think a location closer to, rather than farther away from the stadium whould show a commitment to the new philosophy of community driven.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC training ground location?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.