1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
DB
March 9, 2021, 12:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,049
Gold Stars: 390
Not in the sense of a Cameron/Clegg but more a war time type.

The financial state of the country is in a dire state with covid. Not only financial but peoples health and well being as well.

So I wondered if a war time type coalition might help, not based on party lines, but based on the best person for the job. I'm well aware of how far left and right you guys are but who do you would make the best fit in round holes? I've tried to narrow the dept. down and not in any particular order:-

Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
Defence
Chancellor
Health and Social care
Education
Home Office
Trade
Transport
Foreign Office
Work & Pensions
Business
Environment
Health
Justice
Scotland/Wales/N.Ireland

15 department all of which Ministers, except the PM, would cast an anonymous yes/no vote at cabinet to decide policy. The PM would carry out the majority decision.

To start off Rishi Sunak for chancellor

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
March 9, 2021, 2:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Should have done this in 2010. And last year, a much more consultative approach by the government would have been better. Often Bozza found himself adopting Starmer's calls for lockdowns etc a week or two after he said it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 9, 2021, 5:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Could the recommendation for every position just read Not a Tory

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
DB
March 9, 2021, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Could the recommendation for every position just read Not a Tory

Now you know I'm not red or blue, so Rishi is only a suggestion not a recommendation. I'm all to all suggestions. I certainly wouldn't be keen on Boris for PM again.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
DB
March 15, 2021, 12:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Not Grant Shapps.  I wouldn't believe a word he says, on the subject of buses :-

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said: "Buses are this country's favourite way of getting around."

"But services across England are patchy, and it's frankly not good enough."

Government figures from 2019 show that 7% of people travelled to work by bus, while 68% commute by car.

And bus use has fallen steadily over the past decade. In 2009, 4.64 billion journeys were taken on local buses. By 2019, that figure was 4.32 billion.

I think you might call this an own goal in favour of the labour party

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
fishboyUTM
March 15, 2021, 8:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Nonsense, the Conservatives were voted in with I believe an 83 seat majority. Therfore the will of the people is for Her Majesty to invite Boris Johnson to form a Conservative government.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
DB
March 15, 2021, 4:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Nonsense, the Conservatives were voted in with I believe an 83 seat majority. Therfore the will of the people is for Her Majesty to invite Boris Johnson to form a Conservative government.

I fail to see the point your are making.

A government minister says bus's are the favourite means of travel.
His own government figures for 2019 show that 7% of people go to work by bus, 68% by Car. When I was taught maths 68 is by far a larger number than 7. What's more the volume of bus journeys fell as well.

So please explain to me how this is nonsense? and bus's are preferred more than cars.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coalition Government

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.