Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: DB, March 9, 2021, 12:38am
Not in the sense of a Cameron/Clegg but more a war time type.

The financial state of the country is in a dire state with covid. Not only financial but peoples health and well being as well.

So I wondered if a war time type coalition might help, not based on party lines, but based on the best person for the job. I'm well aware of how far left and right you guys are but who do you would make the best fit in round holes? I've tried to narrow the dept. down and not in any particular order:-

Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
Defence
Chancellor
Health and Social care
Education
Home Office
Trade
Transport
Foreign Office
Work & Pensions
Business
Environment
Health
Justice
Scotland/Wales/N.Ireland

15 department all of which Ministers, except the PM, would cast an anonymous yes/no vote at cabinet to decide policy. The PM would carry out the majority decision.

To start off Rishi Sunak for chancellor
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 9, 2021, 2:41pm; Reply: 1
Should have done this in 2010. And last year, a much more consultative approach by the government would have been better. Often Bozza found himself adopting Starmer's calls for lockdowns etc a week or two after he said it.
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, March 9, 2021, 5:05pm; Reply: 2
Could the recommendation for every position just read Not a Tory
Posted by: DB, March 9, 2021, 5:37pm; Reply: 3
Could the recommendation for every position just read Not a Tory

Now you know I'm not red or blue, so Rishi is only a suggestion not a recommendation. I'm all to all suggestions. I certainly wouldn't be keen on Boris for PM again.
Posted by: DB, March 15, 2021, 12:34am; Reply: 4
Not Grant Shapps.  I wouldn't believe a word he says, on the subject of buses :-

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said: "Buses are this country's favourite way of getting around."

"But services across England are patchy, and it's frankly not good enough."

Government figures from 2019 show that 7% of people travelled to work by bus, while 68% commute by car.

And bus use has fallen steadily over the past decade. In 2009, 4.64 billion journeys were taken on local buses. By 2019, that figure was 4.32 billion.

I think you might call this an own goal in favour of the labour party
Posted by: fishboyUTM, March 15, 2021, 8:38am; Reply: 5
Nonsense, the Conservatives were voted in with I believe an 83 seat majority. Therfore the will of the people is for Her Majesty to invite Boris Johnson to form a Conservative government.
Posted by: DB, March 15, 2021, 4:47pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Nonsense, the Conservatives were voted in with I believe an 83 seat majority. Therfore the will of the people is for Her Majesty to invite Boris Johnson to form a Conservative government.

I fail to see the point your are making.

A government minister says bus's are the favourite means of travel.
His own government figures for 2019 show that 7% of people go to work by bus, 68% by Car. When I was taught maths 68 is by far a larger number than 7. What's more the volume of bus journeys fell as well.

So please explain to me how this is nonsense? and bus's are preferred more than cars.

Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 7:43am