3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
March 5, 2021, 10:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,964
Gold Stars: 386
It's that time of the week again, the day before the game. All negatives have been debated and nothing resolved, so it's time to look to positives.

FGR haven't the best defence as they let 3 in against Stevenage, Southend and Oldham in recent matches so If Hursty gets his formation and tactics right then who knows. Talking of Hurst, in or out, he's still our manager so their is no Dave Moore in temporary charge.

I wonder if we were able to go to BP what we fans would say on the way into and in the ground. I don't think regardless of how bad this last week has been that we would talk of getting beat. Even the most pessimist would turn up hoping for a draw, so when I just looked at the prediction thread 16 out 20 went for a defeat, 3 for a draw and yours truly a win.

Their was a thread about supporters and supporters we are, many posts about getting behind Hurst so why the negativity. Both Barrow and Southend are within reaching distance so we have not been cast adrift. Their are positives if you take the blinkers of so once again I am feeling positively optimistic about the game. Their is  lot to look forward to on Saturday. A good result will send us on our way to stating up.

UTM

EDIT  14.45

Somebody else predicted a win that's a 100% improvement, optimistically positive

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
March 5, 2021, 11:11am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,089
Gold Stars: 548
The way you swerve from Hurst out three days ago to the sudden positivity, it's more like that time of the month.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
DB
March 5, 2021, 11:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,964
Gold Stars: 386
Well Ginny as the song says 'Always look on the bright side of life. I try before the game, you never know and as Saint and Greavsie use to say funny old game.

I can never think before a game that we'll loose; otherwise why support them.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
Madeleymariner
March 5, 2021, 11:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Lets be positive they have a flakey defence shipping goals, so we will prob turn out with an 8-1-1 formation again  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 5, 2021, 12:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from DB
Well Ginny as the song says 'Always look on the bright side of life. I try before the game, you never know and as Saint and Greavsie use to say funny old game.

I can never think before a game that we'll loose; otherwise why support them.

I find it highly amusing that you should choose that particular song.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
KingstonMariner
March 5, 2021, 12:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
False positivity soon crumbles when faced with a setback. Look how everyone who said we need to be positive folded as soon as the match started.

I often feel trepidation about the performance before a game. In fact I can’t remember not feeling that way for 4 years. We always can win the game but honest opinion is I don’t think that will happen.

Having positive thoughts doesn’t do any good unless we’re in the stadium and able to vocalise that positivity. Or has someone discovered that the collective thought waves go through the internet and somehow re-emerge at the pitch.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
RonMariner
March 5, 2021, 12:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,533
Gold Stars: 224
I normally delude myself into thinking we must be about to turn the corner form wise.

My optimism normally survives until a hour before kick off when the team is announced.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
sonofmadeleymariner
March 5, 2021, 1:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
If we can get Hooper to score a hatrick against them surely one of our current lot can at least get us a consolation goal this week

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
KingstonMariner
March 5, 2021, 1:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I believe Hooper went on to have a decent scoring record after he left us.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
sonofmadeleymariner
March 5, 2021, 1:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I believe Hooper went on to have a decent scoring record after he left us.

Yes once he'd found his level in the none league

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › That Time of the Week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.