Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How much will relegation cost?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 40 Guests

How much will relegation cost?

This thread currently has 3,941 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
ROKERITE
March 2, 2021, 9:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +414
Gold Stars: 5
Does anyone know what the difference would be financially between staying in League Two and dropping into The National League?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Green27
March 2, 2021, 9:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
It cost us roughly £4.5m last time round in lost fees from the EFL.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
DocDock
March 2, 2021, 9:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Green27

Maybe more so now what with the current COVID situation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
ROKERITE
March 2, 2021, 9:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +414
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Green27

Right, then drastic action now is required. The uncertainty over ownership is a big problem. If the new consortium are in control then approach the Cowleys with a £1,000,000 bonus for avoiding relegation. The Cowleys might not be interested. The Cowleys might not succeed. But surely trying something dramatic is preferable to this sluggish slide out of the league with the feckless Hurst!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
promotion plaice
March 2, 2021, 9:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,952
Gold Stars: 188

The Parachute Payments have increased since we last got relegated.

If we can get back inside 2 seasons it shouldn't cost us too much.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Yoda
March 2, 2021, 9:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,898
Gold Stars: 60
half a million a year on tv money

Plus who will buy a season ticket for this dross.?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
DB
March 2, 2021, 9:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.57
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,831
Gold Stars: 382
Quoted from ROKERITE

Right, then drastic action now is required. The uncertainty over ownership is a big problem. If the new consortium are in control then approach the Cowleys with a £1,000,000 bonus for avoiding relegation. The Cowleys might not be interested. The Cowleys might not succeed. But surely trying something dramatic is preferable to this sluggish slide out of the league with the feckless Hurst!

Brilliant idea and I'm all for it, but Fenty still owns the club probably till near the end of the month and at least 5 more games gone. Fenty will not be spending £1 million and neither will the consortium on something they don't own .

Like I said a brilliant idea. Just need leadership on and of the field which is not there.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Zmariner
March 2, 2021, 10:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,062
Gold Stars: 43
I think the season-ticket sales will be the problem. For those of us that bought season tickets this season I suspect they will have to offer some sort of sweetener because as it stands at the moment the prospect of watching Dover Solihull and friends it’s not appealing. After this another problem when diehard season ticket holders like me do not buy a season ticket who will be inclined to fork out the thick end of £20 to Watch these games. I can only see that they will have to heavily discount everything to get people through the door and gamble on this. If you make it cheap enough I will go, otherwise I will take in the games that interest me and as soon as we are not challenging I will not attend at all.
I will follow on the radio but the years and years of going down to Blundell Park are close to an end. It has not been enjoyable for some years now and it is a habit rather than a hobby, utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
LouthMariner
March 2, 2021, 11:44pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 3
I had read somewhere that the parachute payments are 100% first season, 50% 2nd. Better than they were when we went down.

The problem is that I don't think we would get any money for our youth set up. Woodsy is doing a fantastic job with them but a lot of that money comes from EFL.

On the flip side attendances might actually increase as people want to watch a winning side, although no guarantee on winning more, but I bloody hope we would. Wages will be lower and some of the kids we signed in the summer on low wages would stay and become the future of Town. Just don't think I would want Hurst to have the job getting us back out, it took too long last time, need someone more attack minded to bring the enjoyment back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
KingstonMariner
March 4, 2021, 3:11am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ROKERITE

It would also save us money getting relegated as the wage bill will be lower. So that idea of spending big now to avoid losing more is based on an incorrect assessment.

Hurst isn't my favourite manager but he's hardly feckless. A bit negative maybe, looking to counter the opposition all the time and not play to our strengths (not that we appear to have any at the moment).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How much will relegation cost?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.