3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
oochiad
March 2, 2021, 10:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 28
My god, I’ve just finished watching it on catchup as I was busy earlier. Wish I hadn’t, I don’t have any confidence left in thinking we’ll stay up now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
Tinymariner
March 2, 2021, 11:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Where is Scannell, Jackson, Sisay? All pacy players who I think will at least try! All Gibson needed was some time and guidance, hopefully he will get that at Altrincham.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
toontown
March 3, 2021, 12:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Tinymariner
Where is Scannell, Jackson, Sisay? All pacy players who I think will at least try! All Gibson needed was some time and guidance, hopefully he will get that at Altrincham.

Sissay? U really are having a laugh! The player that cleethorpes town thought was shite!

We don't have time to give Gibson game after game in the unlikely hope he will learn the offside rule and stop being shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
arryarryarry
March 3, 2021, 12:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from toontown

Sissay? U really are having a laugh! The player that cleethorpes town thought was shite!

We don't have time to give Gibson game after game in the unlikely hope he will learn the offside rule and stop being shite.

We don't have time for the manager and squad to learn to play decent football instead of the shite we are currently having to watch.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
GYinScuntland
March 3, 2021, 3:13am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Wouldn't it be funny if they sacked Hurst, got Holloway back, won every game and he cups his ear at the last game before flicking a vee and telling us to intercourse off as he's got a better job at Barrow.
Come on, be honest, who would settle for that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
grimps
March 3, 2021, 3:58am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,118
Gold Stars: 46
I turned off about 5 minutes after they scored , I was hoping for a reaction during that 5 minutes but it was obvious it was never gonna come .
This season and our league status is clearly over , none of these players should ever be near a league football club again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
DB
March 3, 2021, 6:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from grimps
I turned off about 5 minutes after they scored , I was hoping for a reaction during that 5 minutes but it was obvious it was never gonna come .
This season and our league status is clearly over , none of these players should ever be near a league football club again

The only positive reaction that load of sh!t is when they check their bank statement on pay day.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
Gaffer58
March 3, 2021, 6:21am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Like others I also turned off in the second half, put that Dogs Behaving Badly program on, and honestly I believe those dogs could be trained to play better then our so called professional footballers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
pontoonlew
March 3, 2021, 7:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
No real wonder we were shite last night, Hurst publicly said on Saturday that shite was seemingly acceptable, in fact he praised it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
diehardmariner
March 3, 2021, 9:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Tommy
Another horrendous game of football.

In my opinion we are far worse to watch now than we were under RunawayHolloway.

Obviously we hoped the January squad overhaul would give us a chance but how many of the new players have improved us. The keeper and Matete are good signings, but other than that??

- Keeper seems decent.
- Hewitt is lauded by some but for me he's a donkey. Good in the air for a full-back and he's got a semi-long-throw, so i guess he's in the team just for that.
- Menayese is no better than Pollock.
- Waterfall isn't capable of playing long balls, but this must be his instruction because he wasn't doing that earlier in the season.
- Bunney isn't good enough. We would've been better off sticking with Preston if Bunney and an unfit Habergham are our only options.
- Morais looks a decent player but we don't play enough football to get him involved in the play, or have enough players in the box for him to cross to.
- Matete is a good player but has got nothing to link up with.
- Rose isn't awful but is too immobile to influence games. Can't play in a 442 but hampers Matete and El Mizouni when sitting with them in a 3.
- El Mizouni looks to have some ability but, again, struggles to impact a game because we can't string a few passes together to get the players with ability on thr ball in good areas. Looks better in a central midfield 2 rather than in a 3.
- Adams looks a bit lost and not ready for professional football. Lamy looks a far better bet than him and did more in 10 minutes than Adams had done all game.
- Payne should've done better with a lot of balls played up to him tonight but honestly, i feel sorry for him being asked to play as the lone striker in such a defensive set-up and no support.

Going down unless Hurst drastically changes how he is approaching the games.

Nicely summed up.  Difficult to argue with any of that.

Don't want to play down the task Hurst had but I expected more of an improvement by now, unbelievably we've got worse and seem to be on a continual decline.

I was really confident even a couple of weeks ago of our survival.  Across the board we looked to have improved the team but really we haven't.  Payne has been isolated but aside from that goal on his debut he's done absolutely intercourse all so far.  You might as well put Green out there for what he's offering.

Matete has something about him but we need him cloning.  He can't do everything, he's trying to do and we're totally diluting his impact.

El Mizouni is a luxury player and we're not in a position to have that.  Adams has a bit about him but drifts in and out too much.

The defence is a huge worry but we're not keeping clean sheets even when we try to park the bus.  I'd rather we at least go for it knowing we'll have to outscore teams than hope each team has a nightmare day in front of goal and we somehow sneak a goal from nowhere.

Morais can beat a man and whip a ball in.  Lamy looks like he can do the same.  Get both of them out wide, get some energy in the middle with Matete, maybe Clifton if he's back in training (?).  Hanson and LJL up top.  Nothing pretty, nothing fancy but just pepper the area with crosses. Literally our only attacking assets are the ability to deliver crosses and the fact we've got a guy (Hanson) who's good at heading.  Absolutely ridiculous we're not utilising that in preference of trying to do something we're absolutely incapable of doing (defending).
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.