Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, March 2, 2021, 9:27pm
God almighty

I’m no Hurst out, but im questioning what the utter intercourse we are setting up to do. Orient have not won in 7. And it could have been 4-0 by 60 minutes. God knows how it wasnt. What is our shape? What is our plan? Punt the ball to the hapless payne and hope he somehow holds it up. Its comical how bad our back 4 is no matter who plays. Waterfall is hopeless with and without the ball, Bunney won a raffle i swear he’s embarrasingly bad. Our midfield is non existant with the exception in flashes of Matete. Payne isnt interested. Like Morais but says a lot when he’s 35 and shows more passion than the useless bunch of girl privates put together.
LJL and Hanson up top with Lamy on saw us create a little more but we got what we deserved which is sweet intercourse all. Against a beatable opponant, 1 up top. Why? flipping Why?

We have FGR Saturday, we expect to lose, flipping set up to attack and go for it. We need to win games

I hate how this season has gone. I hate Ian Holloway and John Fenty for this. But I believed in PH and i really question what we are doing. Your inviting pressure paul. constantly.
Amazingly we can survive still. How i have no clue, but playing like this will drive fans anger to you

Id love to be in the ground to gives players, staff and JSF a piece of my mind. Im disgusted in the flipping lot
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 2, 2021, 9:29pm; Reply: 1
H, wake up n smell the coffee, we are down end of...
Posted by: DB, March 2, 2021, 9:30pm; Reply: 2
Just Back ! Wish I wasn't having witnessed this load of sh!t
Posted by: Hagrid, March 2, 2021, 9:31pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
H, wake up n smell the coffee, we are down end of...

I know mate. I just cant believe how poor we were tonight
Posted by: RonMariner, March 2, 2021, 9:40pm; Reply: 4
Hurst has achieved something of a miracle.

He has made us worse than Holloway's shower of shite.
Posted by: Tommy, March 2, 2021, 10:13pm; Reply: 5
Another horrendous game of football.

In my opinion we are far worse to watch now than we were under RunawayHolloway.

Obviously we hoped the January squad overhaul would give us a chance but how many of the new players have improved us. The keeper and Matete are good signings, but other than that??

- Keeper seems decent.
- Hewitt is lauded by some but for me he's a donkey. Good in the air for a full-back and he's got a semi-long-throw, so i guess he's in the team just for that.
- Menayese is no better than Pollock.
- Waterfall isn't capable of playing long balls, but this must be his instruction because he wasn't doing that earlier in the season.
- Bunney isn't good enough. We would've been better off sticking with Preston if Bunney and an unfit Habergham are our only options.
- Morais looks a decent player but we don't play enough football to get him involved in the play, or have enough players in the box for him to cross to.
- Matete is a good player but has got nothing to link up with.
- Rose isn't awful but is too immobile to influence games. Can't play in a 442 but hampers Matete and El Mizouni when sitting with them in a 3.
- El Mizouni looks to have some ability but, again, struggles to impact a game because we can't string a few passes together to get the players with ability on thr ball in good areas. Looks better in a central midfield 2 rather than in a 3.
- Adams looks a bit lost and not ready for professional football. Lamy looks a far better bet than him and did more in 10 minutes than Adams had done all game.
- Payne should've done better with a lot of balls played up to him tonight but honestly, i feel sorry for him being asked to play as the lone striker in such a defensive set-up and no support.

Going down unless Hurst drastically changes how he is approaching the games.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 2, 2021, 10:25pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Tommy

Obviously we hoped the January squad overhaul would give us a chance but how many of the new players have improved us. The keeper and Matete are good signings, but other than that??

- Keeper seems decent.
- Hewitt is lauded by some but for me he's a donkey. Good in the air for a full-back and he's got a semi-long-throw, so i guess he's in the team just for that.
- Waterfall isn't capable of playing long balls, but this must be his instruction because he wasn't doing that earlier in the season.
- Bunney isn't good enough. We would've been better off sticking with Preston if Bunney and an unfit Habergham are our only options.
- Morais looks a decent player but we don't play enough football to get him involved in the play, or have enough players in the box for him to cross to.
- Rose isn't awful but is too immobile to influence games. Can't play in a 442 but hampers Matete and El Mizouni when sitting with them in a 3.
- El Mizouni looks to have some ability but, again, struggles to impact a game because we can't string a few passes together to get the players with ability on thr ball in good areas. Looks better in a central midfield 2 rather than in a 3.
- Adams looks a bit lost and not ready for professional football. Lamy looks a far better bet than him and did more in 10 minutes than Adams had done all game.
- Payne should've done better with a lot of balls played up to him tonight but honestly, i feel sorry for him being asked to play as the lone striker in such a defensive set-up and no support.

Hewitt is our best full back, Pollock is our best centre back, Rose is old, Matete, El Mizouni and Adams are collectively too inexperienced and Payne is either not fit or not trying.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, March 2, 2021, 10:29pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Hewitt is our best full back, Pollock is our best centre back, Rose is old, Matete, El Mizouni and Adams are collectively too inexperienced and Payne is either not fit or not trying.

Hewitt is excrement. Got an absolute roasting tonight, positionally all over the shop and shite with the ball. Tries hard and has a long throw but Hendrie is by far the better player.
Posted by: lukeo, March 2, 2021, 10:39pm; Reply: 8
That's the last game I purchase on I follow!!

I wish I could follow up my bold statement
Posted by: lee65, March 2, 2021, 10:44pm; Reply: 9
To me the amazing thing is that in both of the last couple of games we could’ve nicked an undeserved point, and of course I wish we had, but really we were involved in two of the most one sided 1-0 games I’ve ever seen apart from a ten minute spell in both games.

I fear we will get a game soon where the opposition take a fair % of the chances we regularly give them and end up on the end of a 7-1 loss or similar

As posters say time and time again, it’s the hope that kills you, as statistically plenty of games left and we are still in touch, but even with a “glass half full” view it’s hard to objectively see how we can string a run of positive results together

For Saturday I would start with the team we finished with (maybe swap Pollock for Waterfall) and we MUST play 442
Posted by: oochiad, March 2, 2021, 10:58pm; Reply: 10
My god, I’ve just finished watching it on catchup as I was busy earlier. Wish I hadn’t, I don’t have any confidence left in thinking we’ll stay up now.
Posted by: Tinymariner, March 2, 2021, 11:21pm; Reply: 11
Where is Scannell, Jackson, Sisay? All pacy players who I think will at least try! All Gibson needed was some time and guidance, hopefully he will get that at Altrincham.
Posted by: toontown, March 3, 2021, 12:30am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Tinymariner
Where is Scannell, Jackson, Sisay? All pacy players who I think will at least try! All Gibson needed was some time and guidance, hopefully he will get that at Altrincham.

Sissay? U really are having a laugh! The player that cleethorpes town thought was shite!

We don't have time to give Gibson game after game in the unlikely hope he will learn the offside rule and stop being shite.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 3, 2021, 12:34am; Reply: 13
Quoted from toontown

Sissay? U really are having a laugh! The player that cleethorpes town thought was shite!

We don't have time to give Gibson game after game in the unlikely hope he will learn the offside rule and stop being shite.

We don't have time for the manager and squad to learn to play decent football instead of the shite we are currently having to watch.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 3, 2021, 3:13am; Reply: 14
Wouldn't it be funny if they sacked Hurst, got Holloway back, won every game and he cups his ear at the last game before flicking a vee and telling us to intercourse off as he's got a better job at Barrow.
Come on, be honest, who would settle for that?
Posted by: grimps, March 3, 2021, 3:58am; Reply: 15
I turned off about 5 minutes after they scored , I was hoping for a reaction during that 5 minutes but it was obvious it was never gonna come .
This season and our league status is clearly over , none of these players should ever be near a league football club again
Posted by: DB, March 3, 2021, 6:12am; Reply: 16
Quoted from grimps
I turned off about 5 minutes after they scored , I was hoping for a reaction during that 5 minutes but it was obvious it was never gonna come .
This season and our league status is clearly over , none of these players should ever be near a league football club again

The only positive reaction that load of sh!t is when they check their bank statement on pay day.
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 3, 2021, 6:21am; Reply: 17
Like others I also turned off in the second half, put that Dogs Behaving Badly program on, and honestly I believe those dogs could be trained to play better then our so called professional footballers.
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 3, 2021, 7:33am; Reply: 18
No real wonder we were shite last night, Hurst publicly said on Saturday that shite was seemingly acceptable, in fact he praised it.
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 3, 2021, 9:47am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Tommy

- Keeper seems decent.

Nicely summed up.  Difficult to argue with any of that.

Don't want to play down the task Hurst had but I expected more of an improvement by now, unbelievably we've got worse and seem to be on a continual decline.

I was really confident even a couple of weeks ago of our survival.  Across the board we looked to have improved the team but really we haven't.  Payne has been isolated but aside from that goal on his debut he's done absolutely intercourse all so far.  You might as well put Green out there for what he's offering.

Matete has something about him but we need him cloning.  He can't do everything, he's trying to do and we're totally diluting his impact.

El Mizouni is a luxury player and we're not in a position to have that.  Adams has a bit about him but drifts in and out too much.

The defence is a huge worry but we're not keeping clean sheets even when we try to park the bus.  I'd rather we at least go for it knowing we'll have to outscore teams than hope each team has a nightmare day in front of goal and we somehow sneak a goal from nowhere.

Morais can beat a man and whip a ball in.  Lamy looks like he can do the same.  Get both of them out wide, get some energy in the middle with Matete, maybe Clifton if he's back in training (?).  Hanson and LJL up top.  Nothing pretty, nothing fancy but just pepper the area with crosses. Literally our only attacking assets are the ability to deliver crosses and the fact we've got a guy (Hanson) who's good at heading.  Absolutely ridiculous we're not utilising that in preference of trying to do something we're absolutely incapable of doing (defending).
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, March 3, 2021, 10:18am; Reply: 20
Can't believe what I saw last night was so sure Hurst would be able to sort out the defence and get them organised. If we had lost by 4 goals in the last two games it wouldn't have been an unfair scoreline.

Some of the players just don't look interested and are not up for the fight they know they will not be here next season.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 3, 2021, 12:00pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Can't believe what I saw last night was so sure Hurst would be able to sort out the defence and get them organised. If we had lost by 4 goals in the last two games it wouldn't have been an unfair scoreline.

Some of the players just don't look interested and are not up for the fight they know they will not be here next season.

I said something similar a couple of weeks ago and got slagged off by some on here who seen happy to accept these shite performances.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 3, 2021, 6:22pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from arryarryarry

I said something similar a couple of weeks ago and got slagged off by some on here who seen happy to accept these shite performances.

There was one in particular who played last night who looked like he couldn’t be arsed. Not going to name him as not into witch hunts but I was screaming at the iPad over some of the things he didn’t do.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 3, 2021, 6:25pm; Reply: 23
Glad I didn’t watch
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, March 3, 2021, 8:31pm; Reply: 24
Tbf fed up paying my tenner every week to just be angry and fed up with it all.. if they can't be arsed neither can I watching them
Posted by: moosey_club, March 3, 2021, 8:46pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

There was one in particular who played last night who looked like he couldn’t be arsed. Not going to name him as not into witch hunts but I was screaming at the iPad over some of the things he didn’t do.

I was thinking there were two , Payne and El Miz.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 11:17am