Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embarrassing and disgusting.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 127 Guests

Embarrassing and disgusting.

This thread currently has 4,527 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
March 2, 2021, 8:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
From the manager playing a negative one striker formation at home when we are bottom of the league to the eleven wearing the shirt that was embarrassing and disgusting.

They should all be ashamed of themselves wearing that shirt and im absolutely apalled at that.

Good job no fans allowed as right now they would all be getting it.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
davmariner
March 2, 2021, 8:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,847
Gold Stars: 75
Agree. No excuse for not trying to go for a win in a game like that. Leyton Orient were nothing special and were there for the taking having not won for seven games.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
samg
March 2, 2021, 9:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Can't believe I've just shelled out another£10 on that absolute dross! - SHOW SOME PASSION FOR THE CLUB AND FANS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
MuddyWaters
March 2, 2021, 9:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Zero passion, zero clue, zero hope. With that and Saturday, we weren’t even that bad under Holloway and I really hate saying that.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
FishyMcFishface
March 2, 2021, 9:07pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +40
Embarrassed tbh. We could easily have conceded 5 or 6 tonight. The line up doesn’t really matter as no quality and lacking in confidence Like against Harrogate on Saturday Orient didn’t really need to play that well to beat us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
gary_elton
March 2, 2021, 9:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
My good lady asked me if I wanted to buy the match earlier
on this evening... no thanks... i just had a feeling... watching
Town at the moment is too painful , it's a bit like sliding down
a giant razor blade and having to use your balls for brakes...

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Kris2
March 2, 2021, 9:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 135
Feel like like I've moved through stages of grief this season. Bargaining "We could still stay up and build on next season", anger, now grief. It's just depressing watching the team look half a pace slower, having no oomph about them and a manager who isn't making changes at half time when it's not working. Feels the same as watching us get relegated out the league before with a team that goes down without much of a fight each game.

Guess next is acceptance, that we'll drop out of the league for the second time and become a non league team again. Even if we win a couple of games now and gain some false hope I don't think we'll stay up. We've been on a downward spiral since getting promoted back into league two and it's never really slowed down. Endless numbers of managers and players through the door and constantly at the wrong end of the table. Relegation was inevitable eventually as we clung on a couple of seasons with changing a manager and a last ditch escape. It was bound to not work eventually.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Grantham_Mariner
March 2, 2021, 9:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,123
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from jonnyboy82
From the manager playing a negative one striker formation at home when we are bottom of the league to the eleven wearing the shirt that was embarrassing and disgusting.

They should all be ashamed of themselves wearing that shirt and im absolutely apalled at that.

Good job no fans allowed as right now they would all be getting it.

I thought they were worse than that!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Rodley Mariner
March 2, 2021, 9:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,211
Gold Stars: 176
Quite an effort to not even provide a modicum of escapism over the past year. I'm relieved when the games are over and I can get back to the worldwide global pandemic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Les Brechin
March 2, 2021, 9:14pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,633
Gold Stars: 168
Only (very) small glimmer of hope is that both Barrow and Southend lost so it is actually still in our own hands.

Having said that though we need to start picking up the points and to be honest, with this team, I can't see where our next point is coming from.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embarrassing and disgusting.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.